Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for my end can to arrive, I will cut down the pipe to suit, I am trying to decide to have the can under the motor or running up where the pipe is,

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Yellow Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'd have it go up a bit like the current pipe, not under the engine. Also if you run it long for a while you can always cut it down and run it under the engine later. It is easy to cut metal tubing, a bit harder to stretch it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm gonna rig an under engine can. Could you measure the inner gap between the left an right pegs? I plan to use a stock ducati 848 can shortened. An the can tip will be couple inches away from the rear tire. An where did u get that pipeing from? Is it custom or a universal mini bike pipe?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the pipe from ebay, item no 190808870315, a company called AJS motorcycles, I had to enlarge the flange holes from 6mm to 8mm, it was listed as a monkey bike exhaust. I am going to mount the can from the passenger foot peg. I will get the measurement later today for you

Pipe Kick scooter Auto part Bicycle fork Tool Pipe Auto part

the pipe expands from 28mm to 32mm

·
Registered
942 Posts
I got the pipe from ebay, item no 190808870315, a company called AJS motorcycles, I had to enlarge the flange holes from 6mm to 8mm, it was listed as a monkey bike exhaust. I am going to mount the can from the passenger foot peg. I will get the measurement later today for you

View attachment 232 View attachment 233 View attachment 234

the pipe expands from 28mm to 32mm
That seller don't have any more..... How did you know the flange would line up an od outside diameter of the end that goes into the head would fit?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I measured mine first then I rang them to find out, they have one left I think, but the listing has ended. I took a chance on the flange as I knew most of the honda type engines have the same exhaust port.
I can ring them tomorrow and find out if they have one left, if you want, i'm sure they would list another,
The 90 degree bend at the head needed pulling around by 2 or 3 degrees to get it to sit parallel to the bottom of the motor, if you do it carefully it will not damage the chrome, I did consider cutting the collar off the head end and removing half inch or so of pipe and weld the collar back on, just to get the pipe a little higher to the bottom of the motor, I know that would mess the chrome up, but I figure it's going to blue up anyway.
I have ordered my silencer from ooracing.com its probably Chinese rubbish but it will do for the time untill the decent exhausts start coming through.
I did contact a Thai company, but they wanted £100 shipping,robbers! I brought a whole bike back from there last year for only £300.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Spoke Bicycle wheel Rim Grass Yellow
foot peg to foot peg,its actually 235mm it looks a little less due to the angle of the photo. my original is back on right now so I can use the bike, the can should be here sometime this week, I will post up some pics and a vid of the sound when its all fitted

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FAO Fashionrider Grass Tire Cyclocomputer Pedometer Technology Grass Cyclocomputer Technology Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory

with the collar that long the exhaust studs on the head need to be wound out a few threads, collar could be shorter

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just had an email, my end can is arriving tomorrow tuesday, get ready for music, should be singing at around 6.30pm GMT

1 - 20 of 37 Posts