Honda Grom banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
G-rom mtr mounts.jpg

Look just above the front sprocket there is one, there is another just under the chain, and one at the top of the engine behind the starter where it attaches to the frame, all of which go through to the same spot on the other side of the bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Look just above the front sprocket there is one, there is another just under the chain, and the two at the top of the engine behind the throttle body where it attaches to the frame, all of which go through to the same spot on the other side of the bike.
Thanks, I checked a few on Monday night when I put it back together and everything looked pretty tight. I dropped it off at the dealer last night for a fuel pump recall and told them to figure out the vibration. They were just about to close but looked at it before closing shop and said the vibration is definitely abnormal...so that's reassuring. I didn't swap the factory intake back on but I can't imagine the Mnnthbx intake causing a vibration like I'm getting. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I stopped by the dealer at lunch....they had a brand new bike there next to mine. It vibrated just as bad so I guess I'm crazy. :violent1:
On mine, riding is not so bad now. But at a red light it gets annoying, I always hold the front brake sitting still, makes the idle vibration almost non-existent, rear brake makes it worse.

·
Registered
92 Posts
above 6K rpm, just everything rattles and vibrates harder than a vibrator. I wonder if that is even a balanced crankshaft. between 4K and 6K = sunshine. that is also why I use a 16

·
Vendor
4,039 Posts
above 6K rpm, just everything rattles and vibrates harder than a vibrator. I wonder if that is even a balanced crankshaft. between 4K and 6K = sunshine. that is also why I use a 16

Wow, reviving an old thread. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Curious if anyone had actually found there mounts loose? Mine vibrates a lot too. Going to check the mounts today
Curious if anyone had actually found there mounts loose? Mine vibrates a lot too. Going to check the mounts today

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Just went over 4k miles last week and the bike started vibrating to the point it was not rideable. The footpegs vibrated so much I could not feel the shift engaging. My legs and butt fell asleep after a 10 minute ride. Found that the rear motor mounts were both loose (down to 10ft-lbs) and coated with oil from the chain. Cleaned them and torqued them to 40ft-lbs and the bike is exceedingly quiet and smooth.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts