Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*UPDATE*

Just went on a 30 minute ride. Highway and town. NO BOGGING AT ALL. The bike has cleared it self up nicely. I broke 67 on the highway. Thanks for all the responses.

Ok. So this morning I go grab some Shell gasoline. No Ethanol. 87 octane. I notice they advertise "enriched with nitrogen", I was having second thoughts but I said to myself..."it's just marketing, I'll be fine". So I fill up to the brim.

I rode to the barbershop for a hard day of work and everything was great and normal.

The GROM was parked in a shaded area as usual. It was over 100 degrees today so I'm sure she appreciates the shade.

I just left the shop to head home and get ready for concert I'm playing tonight and I notice the smell of gasoline. I look down... There's a wet spot where the gas dump tube is dripping. "Ok I overfilled" I thought to myself.

I shift to first and take off. Feels weak. Once I get up to 3rd around 6k it's starts bogging down hard. I'm paranoid and PISSED OFF at this point. I keep attempting to ride as normal hoping its a hiccup and it bogs down to the point of shutting off at the stop sign.

I didn't know what to think. Maybe the enriched gas from shell isn't marketing and my poor baby didn't want any. Maybe she's too hot. I pull over a car wash to lightly most her with water. Hoping it help. It did.....sort of. It bogged a bit as I left And cleared itself up in a few blocks.

I will be taking the GROM to Honda service so there's record of this behavior. I just had to go through this with a stupid ruckus. Definitely don't want my brand new GROM doing this.

Any clues???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Temporary. Or.. It could have a small amount of water in the gas. I imagine that your blvd wouldn't notice it as much due to the larger size. Did you see a tanker present when you gassed up?

·
Registered
128 Posts
sometime on the heavy rain water enter gas caps on the surface gas station has gastank is under the ground.

Today I went fill my 35 buck and has hicup running sometime my isuzu truck. it is e10 fuel.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sounds like water to me.

Had the same thing on my stunt bike a couple times. Run a syphon hose into your tank but put it ALLLLLLL the way down at the bottom and syphon out the water into a jar and look at the difference in color. OR, wide open that thing so it burns through the water.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*UPDATE*

Thanks to GROM community I have regained peace of mind. I took the GROM out for a spin last night after my gig and all is well. No hiccups, no bogging down, just clutching adrenaline.

I also hit 67 on the highway with a very mild tuck.

Thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts