Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to purchase a used Grom this weekend, and I'm looking for some advise on what the value of this bike might be?

Located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
Bike is a 2014, black
900kms on it (about 550 miles).

It has a small crack in the fairing under the letter A (but you can barely see it) from pushing another bike up against it, it's never been dropped, no major scratches, upgraded IXIL exhaust (not sure what model), has an upgraded seat (comes with the original), and a brand new second set of tires for offroad.

What would you pay for this bike? If it was your bike, what would you try selling it for? Prices in CAD are appreciated.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Depends on how much Groms are selling your area, they don't come up for sale much here (ND) but in the off season I would pay right around $2300-2700 maybe more if I really wanted it.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
There's on way of knowing really without living there. Everywhere is different. Where I live, used go for almost as much as new, so I just bought new instead. Other people in different areas post drastically cheaper prices for used that we have, etc. Maybe Canada is different, but I know down here it's very regional. In my neck of the woods, buying used isn't worth it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What's the asking price? Installed mods aren't worth much at all - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the new cost. Replacing the plastics is cheap and easy - go with a new color if you want for ~150 USD (haven't looked lately). This would sell for about ~2500 USD in Austin (3300 CAD). I suspect your tax system and winter weather make this direct comparison somewhat irrelevant. For reference a new Grom is ~3900 USD out the door here with taxes, dealer fees, tags, etc. I personally like the original model better than the 2017 refresh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been monitoring the sale of used Grom's in my area pretty closely - I think they lowest I've seen one LIST for is $2600 for a 2014, red, all stock. That being said, again, no idea what the bike ran like or any cosmetic damage or if the price was pushed down, etc. I think most in the area go for $2800-$3400 used, depending on what mods are there.

Realistically, I'm just looking for help/advice/stories of how much maybe you sold your grom for? Or how much you bought it for? Anything helps, I'm just a paranoid buyer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh! Sorry, asking price is $3400, but I talked him down to $2800 before even seeing it. Going to check out the bike this weekend, and I want to know what I should be really offering - he was pretty flexible with the $400 drop already, so I think I might have more wiggle room.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Oh! Sorry, asking price is $3400, but I talked him down to $2800 before even seeing it. Going to check out the bike this weekend, and I want to know what I should be really offering - he was pretty flexible with the $400 drop already, so I think I might have more wiggle room.
I have no clue, so knowing what new costs up there helps as well. How much is a new Grom OTD up there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue, so knowing what new costs up there helps as well. How much is a new Grom OTD up there?
Most dealers have the 2017 Honda Grom at $3499 + $548.25 freight/PDI = $4,047. HST and licensing not included. Our HST is 13% making it $4573.11 after tax.

I'd be hard pressed to see a dealer or used owner let a 2017 Grom go for less than $4000.

The 2015 at most dealerships is anywhere from $2699+tax, to $2999+tax.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Just remember some grom owners do mod their grom with BBK kit then remove them and put back their stock parts and sell the performance parts separately.

Check the service record with the place that the seller does his maintenance.

It is ez to buy parts online to change the mileage either new or ebay front panel display or ECM replacement.

Like I said check with the owner to see if they seem honest.

If you can get it for $2400-2600 that is good, anything under that is a steal.

Good luck

·
Registered
752 Posts
If they took it into the dealer/repair shop to get serviced and/or the 2 fuel pump recalls completed, the dealer/repair shop will have a service record. A lot of people do their own maintenance so no verifiable service record exists. With 550 miles, I wouldn't be too worried either way, but I would change the oil, adjust the valves, adjust the chain and do a general inspection upon purchase.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You could go lower than $2800.00. Though it is a fair price for a used '14.

The important thing is you get the maintenance service records, receipts, and get it inspected by a certified mechanic (if you don't know what to look for).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A friend of mine just snagged a clean '14 red with 1200 miles for $2200. Deals are out there, you just have to be patient. We had been looking for about two months and went through a lot of guys/gals who were trying to sell mostly stock or tastelessly modified Groms for too much money (over $2800) and wouldn't budge on price.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prices in NY vary, used almost as much as new. I would pay $2800 for a used 14. I paid $4k for a new 15 a last April.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In Hawaii people are asking near or over out the door prices on used groms. But value is based only what people are willing to pay, not what your asking.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
In Hawaii people are asking near or over out the door prices on used groms. But value is based only what people are willing to pay, not what your asking.
Yep thinking of sending both of my groms to Hawaii, one to Honolulu and one to Hilo. This way I'll have a grom to ride when I go back home. My sister got a job in Honolulu so she can use my grom there and in Hilo I can leave it at my brother's house in Puna and when I go home I'll have a transportation with out borrowing my brother's car or truck.

And here in Calif I will start out with a newer grom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts