1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
The throttle body is completely different than the scooter ones.. Looks like you'd need a new manifold elbow if you wanted to go bigger on the tb

Good to see the plastics are priced the same as in the UK

I noticed a lot of things aren't listed, perhaps back ordered? The headlight drawing is blank and doesn't have a price

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm concerned about, is the body part plastics are different part numbers, than those that are listed for the Thai/UK Grom. I could understand if the last character is different, because the color options differ by region, but it's the initial numbers that are not the same. I REALLY hope that for those of us that have ordered the white panels from Tyga, everything matches up with the Grom body.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I noticed a lot of things aren't listed, perhaps back ordered? The headlight drawing is blank and doesn't have a price
Is there a number and price for the rear shock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Is there a number and price for the rear shock?

Thanks!

Sorry Dude but I have to laugh. It is almost like Honda is intentionally messing with you. They list a part number and a price for a freaking nut and bolt that most of us could pick up at the hardware store but nothing on the rear shock.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I highly doubt North America will get specially designed body panels for our market
They could be "tweaked", to have to fit around the additional emissions equipment.

·
Registered
325 Posts
you guys are TRIPPIN... I can just about guarrantee any "emissions" if even present will have been designed to fit under the regular plastics. not make new plastics to fit around them. LOL. Think about it. they're a huge company they do things cheaply and economically. not stupidly. This is HONDA we're talking about. NOT Chevrolet, Ford or say Suzuki/Kawasaki.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So you're saying the F4i (Cali model) is mass produced with the O2 sensor in the mid-pipe and all the wiring just the same as F4i's all over the world? Or maybe it's the manufacturer of that specific part has two "molds" for each area it will be sold, it's possible. Honda is genius, cheap and economical that's true, but THEY don't manufacture each individual part in some super Honda manufacturing house.

It would make sense to me, that adjusting the mold of a couple square feet of plastic is cheaper than re-engineering an emissions system. IMO.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I'm right, this is the way my mind dissected the information lol so chances are I'm wrong

·
Registered
195 Posts
If I installed a Yoshi exhaust on day one do you think I should still go ahead and replace the exhaust gasket?
Part #
GASKET, EX. PIPE
18291-GE2-920
$5.31

·
Registered
325 Posts
So you're saying the F4i (Cali model) is mass produced with the O2 sensor in the mid-pipe and all the wiring just the same as F4i's all over the world? Or maybe it's the manufacturer of that specific part has two "molds" for each area it will be sold, it's possible. Honda is genius, cheap and economical that's true, but THEY don't manufacture each individual part in some super Honda manufacturing house.

It would make sense to me, that adjusting the mold of a couple square feet of plastic is cheaper than re-engineering an emissions system. IMO.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I'm right, this is the way my mind dissected the information lol so chances are I'm wrong
I'm saying they build them with all pieces of kit and design panels around worst case scenario.... And yes many cars and bikes come prewired for sensors/options present on some but not all vehicles for other markets and or other options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts