Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning a road trip on my Grom for when things start getting better and safer. I'll be going out west and back. On the way out there I'll go through Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, NM, Arizona, and finally end up in Vegas. On the way back I'll go a little further north and go through Utah, Colorado, Kansas, etc. I'm expecting it to take a week or so each way. It's gonna be a huge undertaking but I'm super excited about it.
I know everyone says the stock tires suck. Do I definitely need to get better tires before I leave for this trip, or will I be okay? I've put about 2k miles on the stock ones so far. This trip will be about 5k miles round trip.

_
builders and developers in dombivli new projects in dadar real estate advisory firm

·
Registered
80 Posts
:cool: If you have the V tires I would change them out, If you have the IRC tires and the tread in good ,run them,I would be bringing a plug kit and a bicycle pump just in case..

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'd change them for Power Pures from Michelin. The dual compound is great and they age evenly on the sides and middle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wore them thin, checked em Sunday and they were bald but no cords showing. Burst about 100 miles later. Looks like the IRC has only one layer of cord. Super thin even in the spots with no cord showing. I've had new power pures since before Christmas, was just waiting to see how long the stock IRC would last before cord started showing.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts