Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is is having some issues! The screen comes on, indicators work and rear light works. The bike doesn't start nor does the front headlight.
I have checked the battery and it is fully charged
Any ideas what to do next?

·
Registered
2019 Monkey/1974 CB550/1973 CB125
62 Posts
Alright the, are there any other symptoms you can describe? Starter turning over?

Can you test the voltage on the battery as you hit the starter? if its dropping below a certain threshold it probably won't kick over. do you access to jumper cables? Try jumping the bike.

Also what year is your bike? how old is the battery?

This suggestion is a bit crazy, but I would also try disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it and see if that helps.'

My assumption is you need a new battery.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Year? Headlight does not come on til it's running, perfectly normal....... Check where the harness & battery grounds to the frame. SF is on the right (opposite the panel the seat keyhole is in), behind the panel near the regulator & coil. And as dumb as it sounds, flip the kill switch off then back on..... I have seen people go crazy trying to figure out why their bike does not start and it was simply the kill switch not being switched all the way in the run position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts