Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ yeah i just contacted them we will see what price is.

I figured if i do end up going with a BBK, when the head is off take the time to upgrade valve springs. I dont plan on running above 10k rpms, but with a current rev limit of 12500 id rather not run the risk.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used taida gy6 titanium valve springs for a bit on my 2v head, worked out great, same size.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I used taida gy6 titanium valve springs for a bit on my 2v head, worked out great, same size.

these guys?

Taida Parts GY6 150cc Dual Racing Valve Springs | DROWsports

I assume you have to get different retainers / bottom spring seats for them?

Also doing some parts cross-referencing. the Honda CRF110 motor has a dual valve spring setup on its exhaust valve. The spring retainers and cotters on both valves of the crf110 are the same part numbers as both valves on our grom, as is the spring seat for the crf110 intake valve.

This would lead me to believe that i "should" be able to grab two sets of the crf110 exhaust valve springs and respective spring seats and they should bolt up. Total price = 22 bucks for a dual valve spring setup. Stock rev limit on the crf110 is 9800 rpms, lots of aftermarket CDI boxes alow 11000 rpms and not many are doing valve spring upgrades at those rpms.

·
Registered
636 Posts
FYI finbro has some.... WAY WAY cheaper than DCR's and Franco has stated they are good to 12.5k rpms. Hit up franco at finbro garage and he will hook you up.
I got a set of finbro upgraded valve springs I just took off my new head to install dcr dual valve spring

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Any reason for the change from the finbro to the dcr springs?
I also switched my finbro 183 valve springs to DCR duel valve springs and my reason was I also am using DCR cam built for the BrianS 170 engine and also using BrianS recommended valve stem caps it is working on my BrianS 170 engine very well with over 7000 miles on the engine I figured it should work great on the Finbro 183.

The only other changes will be that I will replace the rubber cap on the cam chain tension-er rod to the harden nylon cap that Franco sells thur his North America Finbro Garage once he gets his shipment in.

For some reason I like DCR products, they build stuff for off road racing and race cars and motorcycles so they been around the race scene awhile.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also switched my finbro 183 valve springs to DCR duel valve springs and my reason was I also am using DCR cam built for the BrianS 170 engine and also using BrianS recommended valve stem caps it is working on my BrianS 170 engine very well with over 7000 miles on the engine I figured it should work great on the Finbro 183.

The only other changes will be that I will replace the rubber cap on the cam chain tension-er rod to the harden nylon cap that Franco sells thur his North America Finbro Garage once he gets his shipment in.

For some reason I like DCR products, they build stuff for off road racing and race cars and motorcycles so they been around the race scene awhile.

Replacing that rubber cap is a good idea. I might have to make one as well for my grom. Should be fairly easy to make

·
Registered
636 Posts
I changed to dcr dual valve springs because I had them sitting nearly a year so why not use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts