Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been racing my grom on stock suspension. Just recently put the mitas supersoft mc35's on and have one race day on them. My front tire is shredded and ripped with melted rubber all over it but the rear one is just worn really smoothly. The front looks like my gsxr 750 rear tire after two or three trackdays on it and the rear looks like the front would. I'm used to the fronts lasting but it seems like I have a suspension problem.

I weigh 200 with gear. I'm trying to figure out if I need a heavier spring on the front or why the tires are wearing the way they are. The other issue is most of my crashes have been losing the rear in fast corners. I think that means compression is too hard and my rear tire is bouncing. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with the above. I've mildly pushed the Grom on the street (I still have small chicken strips and I haven't touched down a peg yet), but I still feel I'm riding past the capabilities of the stock suspension. You should upgrade the suspension for the track.

With that being said I've never seen even tire wear on a motorcycle when comparing front to rear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the above. I've mildly pushed the Grom on the street (I still have small chicken strips and I haven't touched down a peg yet), but I still feel I'm riding past the capabilities of the stock suspension. You should upgrade the suspension for the track.

With that being said I've never seen even tire wear on a motorcycle when comparing front to rear.
I bought an ohlins rear shock and an ohlins fork cartridge kit. I will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
As others have said, the stock suspension is severely undersprung for anyone over 130-140lbs. Your symptoms were a result of that and you should see a world of a difference in your riding confidence and tire wear with the Ohlins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts