Honda Grom banner

underbody exhaust

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  deanball 
#1 ·
just finished making an underbody exhaust using a Dsection xr50 can, some GY6 header and the stock header. took about an hour to make with a total cost of $34. the tip of the can is angled so it blows the exhaust away from the tire. sounds great and no back fire.

sounds nasty

See less See more
Discussion starter · #13 ·
thats exactly what i had in mind. did you compare how much ground clearance is lost, if any at all? compared to the ground clearance from the stock header pipe.

which belly pan is that? an where did you order from? really hesitant to order from the kingkongsoap guy. but thats the only option as of now.
that's the belly from the kingkongsoap guy that i bought off of another memeber.

the clearance is close, nearly the same. that exhaust is the D-section crf/xr50 exhaust, it's flat on one side. i mounted it with the flat side down for as much clearance as possible and it seems just as low as the fat rear section of the stock exhaust

only down side is changing the oil is a bit tricky now. you don't need to remove the pipe (will now need to remove the belly pan) but you need a "deflector" so the oil doesn't seep in the seams of the can. i just used a piece of cardboard and it worked wonderful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.