Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks like they tried to give it a custom look. Looks stretched, and then a SuperMoto-ish headlight.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I had a CRF50 clone that was actually a great bike. It was an accurate clone. Everything made for the actual CRF50 bolted right up to my clone. I was about to get it brand new out the door for less than half the price of an actual CRF50. My clone was actually faster. It came 70cc's instead of 50. I bought a bunch of 50Stunt parts for it and it all bolted right up.

Anyways, the only downside to my clone was the all the rubber hoses rotted out after a year. Cost less than $20 to replace them all. My brake pads broke too, but real CRF50 pads bolted right in. After hoses and brake pads, that bike never had any problems. I don't own it anymore, it's still going strong. My buddy bought it for a couple years, and rode it a lot, and now a friend of his has it and it's still being ridden often. I originally bought it 10 years ago.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had a CRF50 clone that was actually a great bike. It was an accurate clone. Everything made for the actual CRF50 bolted right up to my clone. I was about to get it brand new out the door for less than half the price of an actual CRF50. My clone was actually faster. It came 70cc's instead of 50. I bought a bunch of 50Stunt parts for it and it all bolted right up.

Anyways, the only downside to my clone was the all the rubber hoses rotted out after a year. Cost less than $20 to replace them all. My brake pads broke too, but real CRF50 pads bolted right in. After hoses and brake pads, that bike never had any problems. I don't own it anymore, it's still going strong. My buddy bought it for a couple years, and rode it a lot, and now a friend of his has it and it's still being ridden often. I originally bought it 10 years ago.
to add, the clones crash well (minimal damage), and replacement parts are cheap too = easy on the wallet :p Again, hard to put a price on cheap fun :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts