Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if Paul or anyone with the Tyga exhaust system have tried the following?

Using the header (expt0035) and final section (expt0037).
Put together to make a low pipe?

I don't mind a bit of cutting and shutting.
I just wonder how close it would be.

Also are these parts avalable from Tyga Europe?
I cant see them on their webpage

Cheers Dog

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Ordered the full exhaust system from Tyga last week when it was released, I didn't get a shipping notice yet though. I will post up if I ever do it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
IG could you post inner and outer diameter of the pipe when you get it?
Will do, hopefully Tyga shipped it out already. I have to email them and see if they shipped it out and if they can give me a tracking number. Last time I ordered from them it took about 9 days to get to Hawaii. It had to go from Thailand to Alaska then California then back to Hawaii lol! Will post up measurements in this thread.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm planning on doing something similar. use the header and get a small can and have it under the bike covered by a fairing like in these pic's

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
235 Posts
The pipes arrived yesterday and I will install today, will post measurements later. I think the bends wont work for making a low pipe, but as always with a little cutting and bending I'm sure something can be worked out.

Here it is out of the box, as you can see each pipe section gradually steps up in diameter.
Bicycle handlebar Pipe Muffler Auto part Exhaust system

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I wonder if Paul or anyone with the Tyga exhaust system have tried the following?

Using the header (expt0035) and final section (expt0037).
Put together to make a low pipe?

I don't mind a bit of cutting and shutting.
I just wonder how close it would be.

Also are these parts avalable from Tyga Europe?
I cant see them on their webpage

Cheers Dog

I totally missed Dog's idea before. I was thinking the same thing last night and I PMd Paul to ask. He said the bends are all wrong.....

The pipes arrived yesterday and I will install today, will post measurements later. I think the bends wont work for making a low pipe, but as always with a little cutting and bending I'm sure something can be worked out.

Here it is out of the box, as you can see each pipe section gradually steps up in diameter.
View attachment 3693
....but like you say, its worth a try just to see what it would take.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great minds thinking alike.
Hey IG you say the pipes step up in size.
Will the header pipe and last pipe join together,
or are they different size?
I only have a very small screen (no proper computer)
So cannot see them properly.

Dog
The header pipe and the last pipe are different sizes so they wont be able to join together without a reducer of some sort. the bends for the last pipe are pretty off though to make a low mount.
Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Vehicle Muffler

I had the Tyga slip on pipe before I put on the full exhaust. The little piece for the slip on seems like it may work with a little tweaking. The slip on pipe tapers from small to big and almost has the right angle.
Auto part Tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system

Or yo could get a reducer and come straight out :)
Auto part Vehicle Tire Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle part

Or straight up lol!!
Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Engine Tire

·
Registered
235 Posts
IG could you post inner and outer diameter of the pipe when you get it?
Heres the measurements, Sorry I forgot to measure the OD, I was too exited to put it on!

Head pipe around 1 1/8"
Metal Bicycle fork Fashion accessory Carabiner Bicycle part

Mid pipe 1 3/16'
Material property

Last pipe 1 5/16"
Bicycle part Yellow Rim Wheel Bicycle fork

Heres the piping next to the stock exhaust
Pipe Auto part Bicycle handlebar Exhaust manifold

And I tried measuring the exhaust port opening, It looked to me that it was only 7/8"

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like nice stuff! How much was it shipped for everything?
Shipping was expensive $100 for UPS shipping from Thailand to Hawaii. I only ordered the pipes, crash bungs, brake line and a carbon fiber tank cover. Took 4 days and went 3/4 ways around the world, from Thailand to India then Germany to Kentucky then California And to Hawaii !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts