Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the Grom has the ability to ride two up, however, I can't find any pictures or video of this feat. I tried searching the forum, but it refuses to use the words, two, and up. Google is just about the same, as well as youtube. Can any provide anything along these lines? I'm just wildly curious about what it looks like with two riders on board. Sorry if there are already pictures or videos on the forum, I just can't seem to find them.:sad:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Can't remember where I saw it but there is definitely a video on this forum with a big group of msx125's riding two up ... sorry I can't be more help, but I know there's proof lol

Reactions: rkwfxd

·
Registered
257 Posts
Scroll through MSX125-CLUB on fbook, I have seen a few there.

Reactions: TwoTwist

·
Registered
677 Posts
ONLY ISSUE... they are all azn riding 2 up... so 2 of them barely make 1 normal 'murikan so 2 'murikan's quadroople the "wet weight" of it. lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm only 140lbs. So if I can find a 100 pound girl, we will equal one average sized murikan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ive seen a father mother and 2 kids on one before

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Doubt I will ever ride two up on mine. In fact, I am hoping a local supporting vendor will produce some semi-rear sets with a removable passenger peg portion. If not I will probably order one of those sets from Thailand.

·
Registered
659 Posts
340 lbs. is the carrying capacity, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that. If you are over 5'7" and 145 lbs. you are probably too big for the Grom unless you want to look like a bull frog on a lily pad. There is no room for a passenger except in an emergency. If you did squeeze a small person on the back you better be planning to go in a straight line cause you would be scooted so far forward you won't be able to turn the handlebars. Amazing how people look at a tiny bike like this and rather than use it for it's obvious benefits...light weight, nimbleness, inexpensive, the first thing they ask about is will it take a 250 lb. 6'2" person with a rider and how can they get more power out of it.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
This does look weird, I will never "double dude" on my grom. No way! Lol
Nothing wrong with a little nuts to butts :cool2:

I want to keep the pass pegs in case my gf ever wants to tag along but I defiantly want some sort of adjustable set to move it back a little

·
Registered
35 Posts
340 lbs. is the carrying capacity, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that. If you are over 5'7" and 145 lbs. you are probably too big for the Grom unless you want to look like a bull frog on a lily pad. There is no room for a passenger except in an emergency. If you did squeeze a small person on the back you better be planning to go in a straight line cause you would be scooted so far forward you won't be able to turn the handlebars. Amazing how people look at a tiny bike like this and rather than use it for it's obvious benefits...light weight, nimbleness, inexpensive, the first thing they ask about is will it take a 250 lb. 6'2" person with a rider and how can they get more power out of it.
In my experience Hondas will take their carry capacity. Last year I did over 1300 miles in a week on an '84 Trail 110 and was probably about 40lbs over the max weight, and we rode WOT the whole way to the Grand Canyon. Honda knows how to build a bike IMO.

www.trailone10.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my experience Hondas will take their carry capacity. Last year I did over 1300 miles in a week on an '84 Trail 110 and was probably about 40lbs over the max weight, and we rode WOT the whole way to the Grand Canyon. Honda knows how to build a bike IMO.
I have to agree, I think it may be a little extra strain on the engine, and may lower the speed. I don't see any great harm coming out of it though.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts