Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... after this mornings ride I did a quick service and rested up and went out again. I stopped by the dealer because I had seen them on the second Grom. They got it up to 57 mph with a total of 4 miles on it. Anyway, TBR was enroute to pick it up and use as a mule. I spoke to the TBR guy and he told me they were making a pipe, a tail tidy and different handlebars. He said the rumor was they were going to be making a ton of stuff for the Grom.

Sounds like good news to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm liking the sound of this. Getting excited! Hope it's a low exhaust.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm liking the sound of this. Getting excited! Hope it's a low exhaust.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

Nope, it is a high pipe. They also installed wider foot pegs. You can see it on their FaceBook page.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Some one from two brothers called me yesterday and after some talk about some other products they are coming out with, we got to the Grom...He said and I quote.. We are gonna blow up the grom like we did the Klx 110...end quote. I said time frame he said he is per booking the grom pipe and is planing to have pipes ready to go in the middle of Oct. and he could not speak to what else is in the pipeline. I asked about the Juice Box and he did say they would be making one he said he thought the grom was going to be very popular. I surmise the next few months are going to be very busy at theTwo Brothers facility.
Fyi

2014 Honda Grom S1R Full Race Exhaust System

TBR# 005-3740105-S1 TR# 594711 MSRP 529.98

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rob from two brothers called me yesterday and after some talk about some other products they are coming out with, we got to the Grom...He said and I quote.. We are gonna blow up the grom like we did the Klx 110...end quote. I said time frame he said he is per booking the grom pipe and is planing to have pipes ready to go in the beginning of Oct. and he could not speak to what else is in the pipeline. I asked about the Juice Box and he did say they would make one but didn't sound like it was a priority,he did ask me if I remembered all the big bore kits they had for the 110's ....I said yes and he said he thought the grom was going to be very popular. I surmise the next few months are going to be very busy at theTwo Brothers facility.
Fyi

2014 Honda Grom S1R Full Race Exhaust System

TBR# 005-3740105-S1 TR# 594711 MSRP 529.98
Like the pipe but I REALLY hope that badge they have on that pipe comes off easy otherwise Im not a buyer. Just not a fan. I like the classic TB logo not the one a 3rd grader made.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can ask them not to badge it, not sure if it would show up with the pop rivet holes or not. I didn't look to see if it was pop riveted or adhesive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Update..... all badging is hi temp addhesive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
TBR Introduces S1-R Exhaust for the Honda Grom
With a bike as special as the Honda Grom, Two Brothers Racing knew that it needed to develop an exhaust tailored to enhance the unique machine. The TBR S1-R Exhaustanswers the call for Honda Grom riders looking to get the most out of their 125cc machine, with an innovative new muffler design constructed from the strength of carbon fiber. The S1-R Exhaust gets noticed right away by increasing stock horsepower by 10 percent, while reducing the stock weight by 5.5 pounds. Its lightweight spiral-wound perforated core is then wrapped in a high-performance, sound absorbing packing material. Along with the CNC billet machined outlet and the CNC billet muffler bracket, the connection is machined to the header pipe that is spring retained. TBRs careful attention to detail will make your Honda Grom the envy of all your friends. S1-R Exhaust Product Information•

10% horsepower increase over stock exhaust•

Reduces weight by 5.5 lbs over stock exhaust•

New innovative muffler design in carbon fiber material•

Lightweight spiral-wound perforated core•

Machined connection to header pipe that is spring retained•

High-performance sound absorption packing material•

CNC billet muffler bracket•

CNC billet machined outlet•

Lightweight magnesium 4-bolt removable end cap•

Includes a removable P1X power tip•

MSRP $529.98 For all of the latest and greatest products from TBR, please visit www.twobros.com. # # #About Two Brothers RacingTwo Brothers Racing has been producing championship-winning products since 1985. From roots as a factory-backed AMA Superbike team to producing world-class performance exhaust systems, Two Brothers Racing knows what it takes to excel. Whether you ride a street bike, dirt bike, ATV or UTV, Two Brothers Racing produces a high-quality, performance-enhancing product to ensure your machine is operating at the Absolute Top Level®. For additional information, visit us online atwww.TwoBros.com.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
This ↑↑↑

Some crackhead prices for parts out there. Pit bike levels of cheap will soon be the norm.
Manufacturers are getting the top dollar before used, Chinese copies, and cheaper products get in on the action.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes,it's a full system.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Like all the pipes that are being sold in Calif, as off Jan 2013 any modification done to a vehicles exhaust system will get you a hefty fine.

AMA on New California Exhaust Law - Motorcycle USA

So if you live in Calif and want to buy some of these after market pipes, it's ok if you are going to use it off road, on race tracks etc.

As long as the pipe is CARB approved its okay for street use. So far, the Yoshimura RS-9 pipe is CARB approved.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts