Honda Grom banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sweet lawd almighty! Can an exhaust be any louder? I ordered a DB Killer, will that bring it down enough to not wake up the dead? I've run Kerker and Yosh pipes on other bikes, but sweet jazuus, this thing is loud. It gave me a headache, just going to top off the tank. I really hope this DB Killer helps, or it has to go.
Typically the smoother an exhaust pulse is, the less rowdy it sounds. Which is why a Subaru Rumbles like a small block and a civic purrs. The Subaru motor uses unequal length headers in stock form. The Grom being a single cylinder has a lot of time between exhaust pulses, which makes it sound like a much bigger bike than 125cc. It also makes it loud if you don't baffle it effectively. So anything that makes any power will be drastically louder than stock. You will have to compromise between power and sound, hopefully the DB killer will help you out. Look at @tooter , he has built some awesome exhaust and DB killers that might interest you. Sorry for the hijack.....

Reactions: Pedro de Gromo

·
Registered
247 Posts
Occasionally, (rarely...like almost never) I will use my wife’s Facebook account to access the Honda Grom group on Facebook. Just to see what other Gromers are up to in the world.

The Anodizing Racing pipe that I use seems to get made fun of fairly regularly over there. It seems cool to make fun of it because it’s inexpensive.

It hasn’t let me down yet. The welds look amazing. There just isn’t a lot to a Grom exhaust. The fit and finish is pretty much perfect. I can probably buy 5 or 6 of them for what some of the more expensive exhausts cost.

I believe, pipe diameter and length are what matter most as far as performance goes. Cut the muffler open on all of them and they are made basically the same way.

I replaced the rubber in the muffler mounting bracket with what feels like some higher quality rubber from Webike. I may change pipes at some point, but I haven’t found anything I can’t live without.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts