Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it seems a lot of us are not really happy with the factory blinkers. I have read posts about them from the guys in the UK as well as the US. It also appears to me that there is no one perfect way to get the blinkers you want, either they hit the exhaust or they don't light up or they don't blink, or they are not compatible with the factory mounts. It is always something.

So I thought I would start a single thread where we could all share our blinker research, tests, and results.

For example, I really like the Thai style blinkers. I have discovered that they will not simply bolt on to the front of the US Grom. You need to replace the two silver pieces on the side of the headlight with Thai spec pieces.

All of those parts are available from Tyga.

Honda - Cowl, L.RR. *NH364M*, MSX125. - New Honda Genuine Parts

Honda - Cowl, R.RR. *NH364M*, MSX125. - New Honda Genuine Parts

Honda - Winker Assy. L, FR - New Honda Genuine Parts

Honda - Winker Assy. L, RR - New Honda Genuine Parts

Honda - Winker Assy. R, FR - New Honda Genuine Parts

Honda - Winker Assy. R, RR - New Honda Genuine Parts

But, if I purchase all of these and bolt everything on, will they blink? If not why? Is it a simple flasher change? If so, what flasher?

If you can answer this for me great and thank you in advance.

If you are going to use a different set of blinkers, please post up.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
On rucks the factory flasher relay is "load specific" I think it's called so anything you switch to led or anything else you need to change to a 552 flasher relay which allows you to run say incandescent in the front and led in the back, could be why the msx blinkers won't flash

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those adaptors might work but the blinkers in that photo are ugly imo

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kitaco has some cool blinkers in their tail tidy kit. I'm trying to find some so I can put them on my Composimo TT.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, looks like we have a number of options. Just need to figure out what relay works with what signals. I will check out that 552 Flasher Relay.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I plan on buying some Bike Master mini turn signal today and I already a extra 552 flasher, so after I get my grom I will test if the 552 flasher is needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i really hope it is a relay thing as the 552 is only like 7 bucks at the most.. it really does seem like it would be the relay

·
Registered
143 Posts
Others have reported that switching to the LL552 flasher, does fix the issue with the Thai blinkers staying on, instead of blinking.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Others have reported that switching to the LL552 flasher, does fix the issue with the Thai blinkers staying on, instead of blinking.
Hmmmm was that on a different forum? Not calling you out or anything, I just had not seen confirmation of the 552 working for the Thai blinkers on this forum. That would be great news IMO.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan on buying some Bike Master mini turn signal today and I already a extra 552 flasher, so after I get my grom I will test if the 552 flasher is needed.

Please let us know how it works and post a photo if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The bike master are non-led, so I hope the stock flasher works.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did anyone get the Thai spec blinkers to work?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did anyone get the Thai spec blinkers to work?
Yeah pretty sure the 552 flasher gets the Thai blinkers to work. Should be a thread on here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah pretty sure the 552 flasher gets the Thai blinkers to work. Should be a thread on here.

My blinkers work over 2500rpm. Lol.

·
Registered
918 Posts
My blinkers work over 2500rpm. Lol.
Mine do the same thing.. I didnt have my stocks ones on long enought to notice if they did that too.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 552 Flasher did not work for me at all. My blinkers just stayed on solid regardless of RPM's when I turned the signals on. I went to NAPA and got one of their EL12 Flashers and now my blinkers will work, but, the front lights I put on look like candles. I have the non LED Bike Masters on the front and LED's (not sure the brand) on the rear. I have ordered another set of LED blinkers to try on the front and I'll see how they do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts