Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left turn signal won't flash if the engine is off or idling. I noticed if I am riding around if will actually blink a bit slower than normal, then go back to a solid light at idle. Physically hitting the relay will actually cause it to go through a "blink cycle". I've tried new (oem) flasher relays and new blinkers, nothing changes there. I am running stock front flashers and an integrated (led) brake + turn signal in the rear. I haven't had any issues before. What could I try?

·
Registered
817 Posts
You probably need an led rated flasher, tst has them, as well as others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if they've worked for 19k miles? The issue only recently came around and I don't know what caused it

·
Registered
817 Posts
Check your voltage at idle, stator could be getting weak?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can check that voltage a little later. I should mention that the right signal works normally

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally checked some electrical. I want to say I've narrowed it down to a bad regulator. Followed the manual's instructions and charging voltage at 5k rpm is only 14.5v (manual says 15.5v is normal)
I checked the stator wiring connector and got no problems from that side.. Going to order a regulator

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am running stock front flashers and an integrated (led) brake + turn signal in the rear. I haven't had any issues before. What could I try?
I'd try a new 1$ eBay led relay and eventually the stock rear light to see if it makes a difference.
If one side is working properly I doubt it's the regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts