Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 10 hole injector last night and having problems tuning it with my PCV + WB2. To start, I reset ECU and made a blank map for PCV. It runs great at 0%-50% throttle and if I gradually make it past 50% to 100%. But, if I go directly to 50%-100% it runs super rich and sounds like a machine gun popping off while reading 10.0 on AFR gauge. I have a feeling it is some small tuning issue, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Check your PM. Haha.

PCV probably just needs to relearn. Set autotune to 30% and ride, apply, ride, apply. It'll get close. It's still using the voltages for your old injector.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would have taken the previous PCX150 trims, copied then into excel, and removed 20% or something. If it ran decent, keep letting it tune. If it ran crappy, id add or remove fuel until it didn't run like crap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I ended up going back to pcx150 and previously saved map. Only reason for switching was I saw my A/F go instantly to 14+ as it came into the redline and close to the limiter. I have mine set at the most power commander will allow 9,700 I think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I am running full Koso 170 4V kit. Does yours start to lean out as it approaches the limiter?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah, I am running full Koso 170 4V kit. Does yours start to lean out as it approaches the limiter?
It used to. The 10-hole was a huge improvement once I got it dialed in. Even after doing an ECU reset it took ~65 miles to run smoothly. It ran like crap at first and I thought I made a mistake. Now I would not switch back.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
When I had mine on with the PCX150 injector, it never leaned out towards the limiter. Hell, even past the limiter it stayed where I wanted it, granted, fuel trims were reaching like 70-90% at 11k. (def needed an upgrade for this range)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
hats what I was seeing after I put my large diameter exhaust on the 170, hence why I changed it to a 10 hole. BREATHIN!! this was over 8k, seeing 74-80% in a few cells.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts