Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Grom community so I'm trying to get and idea of what's available. Is there a reputable vendor that sells a complete "turn-key" engine package that would, say, double the stock Grom's horsepower or even just provide a 50 percent increase in hp?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Grom Fatherz. No other choice.

If you want a complete engine, that's the ticket. His most recent 230ish cc Grom motor just put down 40hp.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm new to the Grom community so I'm trying to get and idea of what's available. Is there a reputable vendor that sells a complete "turn-key" engine package that would, say, double the stock Grom's horsepower or even just provide a 50 percent increase in hp?
Depends how much you want to spend. You could also call your local scooter/motorcycle shops and see what they can do with your budget.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Grom Fatherz. No other choice.

If you want a complete engine, that's the ticket. His most recent 230ish cc Grom motor just put down 40hp.
That's a good choice if someone wants to spend 6k.

A REALISTIC suggestion would be DHmotoring's all inclusive TB186 kit with his flashed ECU for around $500, which will bump you up to about 16hp.

·
Registered
793 Posts
From what i've been hearing 4 or 5k.
I love my Grom and I'll probably end up spending a cumulative thousands on it. What I don't understand is buying a $3,500 Grom and then throwing twice that at it to make it faster. For $5,000 or $6,000 you could have an excellent used sport bike. Two bikes are better than one.

That's a good choice if someone wants to spend 6k.

A REALISTIC suggestion would be DHmotoring's all inclusive TB186 kit with his flashed ECU for around $500, which will bump you up to about 16hp.
How reliable is an engine with a bore that large? Also, does the crankcase have to be bored out for a piston that size?

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's reliable. Just hit 1500 miles with it and it's been great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love my Grom and I'll probably end up spending a cumulative thousands on it. What I don't understand is buying a $3,500 Grom and then throwing twice that at it to make it faster. For $5,000 or $6,000 you could have an excellent used sport bike. Two bikes are better than one.
Whats to understand. I have a Ducati Panigale v4 and a Yamaha yzfr6, neither is a 12" tire minibike. I have well over 10k total in this bike, it runs over 100mph, why? Because I enjoy it. And of all the bikes I have ever had it would probably be the last one I ever get rid of. If you want to spend nothing on your Grom and enjoy it that's what makes you happy. Some of us like being different and didnt choose to throw money at a grom because we bought the wrong bike and now want to make it faster. We do it because we enjoy the Grom and the things we do with it Until you ride a 30plus HP Grom its hard to understand the draw I am sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts