Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this issue where when I try to reply to someone by quoting their post it wont let me put spaces in.

I press "Reply With Quote" then it opens the normal post. I then double press enter to drop down two lines then begin typing.
When I try to put a space after the word, it will not allow it.

Am I the only one having this problem?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Nope, you aren't the only one and there's been a few posts about it.

I end up using notepad on the computer (all PC's have it). I write it on the notepad and then copy paste it here. Sucks, but it works.

·
Administrator
118 Posts
Those are the best work arounds till we get an update from the developer of the site software we use.

If you want turpinator's work around to be permanent (so you don't have to hit that button each time) follow these steps.

Settings>General Settings>Miscellaneous Options

From there select "Standard Editor" and the choice will be remembered.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If you want turpinator's work around to be permanent (so you don't have to hit that button each time) follow these steps.

Kevin
Cool. Just did it. See how it goes :D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Those are the best work arounds till we get an update from the developer of the site software we use.

Kevin
TIL.
will be useful in the future. I prefer the bbcode rather than richtext.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
oh my, it works! yaaayyy.
Haha, yup, so far so good. I'm on another forum that got bought by the same people at the same time and I have the same issues there too, so I went over there to do it, but it was already done and now I have no more issues. Weird, somehow checking it here checked it over there too? I dunno, outside my scope of understanding, but I like it lol.

·
Administrator
118 Posts
Haha, yup, so far so good. I'm on another forum that got bought by the same people at the same time and I have the same issues there too, so I went over there to do it, but it was already done and now I have no more issues. Weird, somehow checking it here checked it over there too? I dunno, outside my scope of understanding, but I like it lol.
The issue is with the site software (vBulletin) so the issue is spread across all forums on the internet.

As for the 'other site' settings, changing them here would not effect them anywhere else so perhaps you had change them there before already?

Any other issues to report on this?

- JB

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
for what its worth, ive never experienced this issue on some other vBulletin forums I frequent. They don't have the version listed, but the quick reply/post boxes also don't have the rich text editor/WYSIWYG mode (im guess that's 'what you see is what you get'). Which... is where the issue is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts