Core braided front brake line
Brembo p34 front caliper
Brembo pads
Magura hc1 front master cylinder
Adjustable foot pegs
Neken bars
Mitas mc 34 ss front and rear
Woodcraft sprocket cover View attachment 73984 View attachment 73984
What kind of headlight cover is this? Looks like the most fitting of them all. :0

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently started a ground up new 2019 race grom build after racing a z125 pro... would welcome any suggestions! Sponsored by Smith Brothers powersports in Quincy IL. Trying to extract maximum performance with minimal engine modifications.

here is where we sit currenty:

2019 Grom uncrated and striped of street parts (then broke piece off of kickstand after first warm up and grinding on left turns)
driven rearsets (already found to be too low and touched down while cornering)
K&N Filter
Pro circut exhaust (also found to be too low and ground during first race)
Pirelli diablo rosso tires (at 20 to 22 psi) (not bad... eventually will run dunlops or mitas)
Mikas CR High bars

needed … engine tune, suspension, gearing...ADVICE ON MOST EFFECIENT MODS!

20190817_134843.jpg 20190817_192157.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Recently started a ground up new 2019 race grom build after racing a z125 pro... would welcome any suggestions! Sponsored by Smith Brothers powersports in Quincy IL. Trying to extract maximum performance with minimal engine modifications.

here is where we sit currenty:

2019 Grom uncrated and striped of street parts (then broke piece off of kickstand after first warm up and grinding on left turns)
driven rearsets (already found to be too low and touched down while cornering)
K&N Filter
Pro circut exhaust (also found to be too low and ground during first race)
Pirelli diablo rosso tires (at 20 to 22 psi) (not bad... eventually will run dunlops or mitas)
Mikas CR High bars

needed … engine tune, suspension, gearing...ADVICE ON MOST EFFECIENT MODS!

View attachment 82528 View attachment 82530
If you are going to race skip the dunlops and get the mitas mc35's. I've tried both and the Mitas are hands down the stickiest tires you can get. I've also tried the Pirelli's and they don't compare to Mitas either. They are so sticky I stopped having to brake as much in some corners. Also, if you are dragging your Driven rearsets it's most likely your body position not the rearsets. I have a chimera intake and Hindle exhaust. I find that if my body position isn't correct I will drag the rearsets and the exhaust. The intake and exhaust added about 2hp with a PCV and Wideband. PCV and Wideband work fine but they were a pain to adjust I hear the Aracer is much easier and I wish I went that route. I also went with a 143cc BBK but that pushed me into a higher class racing ttr 125's and 150f's and kx65's. If I had to do it again I'd get a ported head and high compression piston and kept it 125. They will make just as much HP as my BBK and you get to stay in a lower class. Also suspension is a must. I went with Ohlins front and rear and it made a huge difference but probably anything is better than stock. Also as far as gearing I'm at a 14 tooth in the front right now and stock in the rear. I just ordered a 13 tooth front because I can't even get into 4th gear at the moment. The track I race on is kind of small it's a kart track so I think a 13 in the front will just about get me to redline in 4th at the end of the long straight. Also I noticed with the extra power I have now I need better brakes so that is probably my next purchase. I also have a takegawa s cam and I think with all the mods I have right now I am at about 12 or 13hp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info.. and yes i did compensate by getting off the bike more. i think suspension will help too because it chatters like crazy and i know if i get stiffer springs and better damping it wont dive as much and ill have a bit higher ride height. im attaching a pick from my Z racing. none yet from the grom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are going to race skip the dunlops and get the mitas mc35's. I've tried both and the Mitas are hands down the stickiest tires you can get. I've also tried the Pirelli's and they don't compare to Mitas either. They are so sticky I stopped having to brake as much in some corners. Also, if you are dragging your Driven rearsets it's most likely your body position not the rearsets. I have a chimera intake and Hindle exhaust. I find that if my body position isn't correct I will drag the rearsets and the exhaust. The intake and exhaust added about 2hp with a PCV and Wideband. PCV and Wideband work fine but they were a pain to adjust I hear the Aracer is much easier and I wish I went that route. I also went with a 143cc BBK but that pushed me into a higher class racing ttr 125's and 150f's and kx65's. If I had to do it again I'd get a ported head and high compression piston and kept it 125. They will make just as much HP as my BBK and you get to stay in a lower class. Also suspension is a must. I went with Ohlins front and rear and it made a huge difference but probably anything is better than stock. Also as far as gearing I'm at a 14 tooth in the front right now and stock in the rear. I just ordered a 13 tooth front because I can't even get into 4th gear at the moment. The track I race on is kind of small it's a kart track so I think a 13 in the front will just about get me to redline in 4th at the end of the long straight. Also I noticed with the extra power I have now I need better brakes so that is probably my next purchase. I also have a takegawa s cam and I think with all the mods I have right now I am at about 12 or 13hp.
Race bike update:

Ive added narrower pegs to the driven rearsets that are foldable (track requirement) and much improved body position. Also I've recently started working with CameronJones Racing and will be testing ECU Flashes and parts combinations at the track for them. So far the tune I am on seems pretty good. 2nd place at a race this weekend with some really decent competition. The Pirelli's work pretty good at 19psi but Smith Brothers Powersports is becoming a dealer for Mitas so I will have them on soon. Much more on the way including suspension, but honestly that's not hurting me much at the moment, i'm damn near elbow down going around some folks on the outside at times...minimal chatter with the tires down some pressure and my lower BP

·
Registered
30 Posts
2015 Grom

Engine

-DHM 186
- Finbro 125 head 27/23 valves (port matched intake/exhaust)
-TB Cam
-Kitaco Clutch Cover
Kitaco oil catch can
-Kitaco HD starter W/ WPS featherweight Lithium battery
-Toce muffler W/custom fitted chimera race header
-Dinger built titanium intake (mid length)
-Aracer mini 5
- AF1 wideband
-Koso 34mm TB (velocity ported)
-PCX 150 inj
-DCR dual valve springs/titanium retainers
-Kitaco 5 row oil cooler (high mount) w/Fragola fittings and steel braided lines
-Takegawa high flow oil pump
-SP Takegawa drain bolt
-Takegawa cam chain tensioner
-Grom fatherz crank case breather
-Grom fatherz manual cam chain tensioner adjuster
-Ncy crank case decompression tube
-Koso clutch plate w/60% stiffer springs
-Aracer DG1
-Opmid V2 head temp guage

Suspension and controls

-Ohlins(front)
-Ohlins(rear)