Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been tracking big bikes and have wanted to get into tracking a grom for a while now.
I've been looking at used groms for a while and have debated whether to get a stock or modified one.
I found one that already has a few nice parts that would make it easier to convert, I'm just worried about scraping the exhaust. It has a hindle exhaust, the same as my track bike, which I am rather fond of. Here's the marketplace ad:

I also like that it has a flat seat, which I've heard makes it easier than the stock seat the grom comes with.

Do you all believe that I'd be scraping the exhaust all the way around the track? Or any other comments or suggestions on my purchasing journey?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,066 Posts
I think the general consensus is that the pegs will scrape WAY before the exhaust.

Reactions: Manimal and Tonitxu

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a low exhaust like that one that the previous owner installed (some no name brand) and I was concerned about scraping the exhaust pipe, and sure enough, the pegs touch down first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
fwiw, I use a Z125 to track. Out-of-the box comparison, the Z125 is better; ergo's, suspension, braking and ground clearance. Only add on's I've done; Ohlins front fork springs, Front sintered pads w/ braided line, and Mitas tires (street / track). Keep in mind, I am an experienced rider. If a beginner / intermediate rider, then a good set of rubber would be all that you need. In stock form, its a decent little package. If 190+lbs, then suspension and front braking is recommended. Anything else is personal preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts