Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who track your groms. Would slightly longer swing arm be beneficial? I’m not talking about those really long extended ones. Wanted to get swingarm with bearings. Seems a lot (overracing,gcraft etc) sell in +5cm,+6cm (about 2”).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I’m glad this topic was brought up. Not to hijack but, if my bike hits a dip mid corner it gets upset easily. Short wheelbase is to blame. Is the difference significant installing a short extension like MNNTHBX sells ? I don’t want lower or stretch just a little more stability without sacrificing a lot of the quick turn in.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Keep your swing arm stock, upgrade the swing arm damper to brass or something besides the rubber damper, or find the newer swing arms with real bearings in them, change out the stock shock and adjust the type of tire you use and also the air pressure in the tire and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you haven't already I would upgrade the rear shock first. The stock shock has hardly any rebound damping at all.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I’m glad this topic was brought up. Not to hijack but, if my bike hits a dip mid corner it gets upset easily. Short wheelbase is to blame. Is the difference significant installing a short extension like MNNTHBX sells ? I don’t want lower or stretch just a little more stability without sacrificing a lot of the quick turn in.
You can likely dial that out if you have an adjustable rear shock. Stretching the arm changes the leverage ratio and will require either a stiffer spring or more preload to set the sag, which ultimately lowers the resolution of how much control the shock has for each unit of travel.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Those of you who track your groms. Would slightly longer swing arm be beneficial? I’m not talking about those really long extended ones. Wanted to get swingarm with bearings. Seems a lot (overracing,gcraft etc) sell in +5cm,+6cm (about 2”).

Thanks in advance!
Where in Hawaii are you tracking your Grom?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts