Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Neil from Geelong Australia. Here's a pic of my 2017 Grom which I've had for 3 weeks. Picked it up with only 420 km. Added Takegawa exhaust, Rigg Gear luggage, Airhawk ,Daytona windshield, Givi tankbag, Kitako skid plate, Desert fox fuel bladder. Plan to take on 1 month tour next year when i can get time off work.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
oh i like that!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ha, a rear fender that is useful for something .... an anchor point no less!

Christmas in July is anathema to us northerners ;-)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very cool; there's something neat about taking a bike like a Grom and making it into a tourer or commuter, where comfort and cargo and an ability to travel father is desired.

Did you happen to notice any changes in your top speed with the windshield and extra gear? I'm playing around with a medium sized windshield on mine for the winter and right away --my upper cruising speed went from 60mph to 50mph!-- it felt like my top speed was greatly reduced*. I need to adjust the position and angle so I'm sure that should improve, but I'm curious if you saw anything like that.

* I did some controlled experiments today; with the windshield in place I do as well as I would if I were sitting fully upright without one. Going into a tuck without the windshield added maybe 2-4 mph to the top end on average. It still felt like I wasn't going as fast as I expected to; maybe I can attribute that to the weather conditions (do stock Grom engines run worse when temperature is slightly below freezing?) or something else affecting my bike (maybe my leg and handgrip covers creating drag?)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like that, looks like an adventure waiting to happen. I wouldn't call mine a touring Grom but I do have over 3200 miles on my 2020 already. So much fun to ride and blessed with a friend with a Grom to ride with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts