Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've never played around much with cars or bikes, so I have extremely limited knowledge as to how swapping out the rear fender for a tidytail and changing the exhaust will affect performance. How much difference are they likely to make speed wise? Also, any chance one of the motorcycle mags decides to review three or four exhausts to give us an estimate of performance increases? Or will we have to wait for guys with dynos to try theirs and post the results?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Mine has zero miles on it and is completely stock. Pretty sure it will hit 60 mph or so while in the back of the delivery truck. Previous top speed was about 14 knotts while on the boat from Thailand.:D

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
674 Posts
60 mph / MSX / ComposiMo's Tidy Tail (without 1 blinker) / 750 miles

@ Jannes: race with great footage (watched BBC)
Ahhh dont tell me who won pls lol! I wasnt home so Im watching now

To stay on topic, ill try and find a way to film or record my speed, anyone know a good android app to track topspeed through gps?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I had one called Dashboard that worked pretty well. It was free and had a bunch of stuff that you could select from top speed, ave speed, current speed, direction, GPS coordinates, altitude I think. Bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've never played around much with cars or bikes, so I have extremely limited knowledge as to how swapping out the rear fender for a tidytail and changing the exhaust will affect performance. How much difference are they likely to make speed wise? Also, any chance one of the motorcycle mags decides to review three or four exhausts to give us an estimate of performance increases? Or will we have to wait for guys with dynos to try theirs and post the results?
I'm pretty sure installing the tail tidy will be a HUGE performance boost.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I installed speed view om my phone and went for a topspeed run on a flat road, wind was pretty idle, slight backwind at moments maybe.
Speedometer said 107kmh meaning 66mph. So its of 4mph.. still not a bad result imo. Some simple mods and it will be higher! Love the bike!!

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
That app is basing it off of the phone's gps so it's not extremely accurate. Well, not enough to say your Grom's speedo is off outright. Now if you had true data acquisition equipment it would be a different story.
Optimum Motorsports - AiM SOLO
Mkay, so its somewhere between 62 n 66.. im gonna buy a tomtom rider for my little bike so i guess that will be better right?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I was gonna use my Gecko GPS to get a top speed reading once I have my Grom (maybe Wednesday?) but really, I don't have any roads around here where I could safely do 60 mph let alone legally. Good chance I will never know what the top speed on my Grom is being surrounded by 45 mph speed limits. Also, most of the roads around here are not flat.

·
Registered
674 Posts
We have the phone to GPS accuracy debate on the ruckus forum all the time, myself and my other iPhone friends use "max speed" and its always dead on with any Garmin GPS
I'm not worried about the topspeed anymore, I'm starting to worry for speeding tickets lol, i have the feeling that the bike pulls faster then it did when i just bought it.

1 - 20 of 713 Posts