Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, current 600cc sport bike rider. Grew up on dirt bikes. As soon as I saw this thing I was sold. It could bring some of that mini bike fun to the street, super cool idea from Honda.
Anyway my one concern is top speed. Anyone know what the stock top speed is? And furthermore, what can the top speed be with a big bore kit, ect. Don't know if I'd wanna re-gear but surely would do some things to the motor to benefit top speed. If this thing could cruise at california freeway speed I'm sold. Thanks guys

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think the bike is perfect for street use, not sure about at freeway speeds though.. Might be kinda scary with semis blowing past at 75+

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as it will do 70-75 its all good. I would think buying a bike restricted to city streets only wouldn't be too good unless you live in city or country maybe.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Or unless you truck it to the mountains like I do with my bg bikes. I hate super slab. I'm on the track or in the twistys. The grom is about the only bike I can think of riding in the city that wouldn't be frustrating.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Its not going to go over 65 in stock form. And that is with a tail wind or down hill. The nearest freeway is 10 miles away for me. I am surrounded by 25-45 mph streets. Grom is perfect for me and my neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I took mine out yesterday, strsight out of the box and got 63mph on it ::smile:
Was this sitting straight up? Coming from scoots I've learned to tuck in really good for those extra mphs haha

Itll probably free up a mph or two once everything settles in and loosens up.. Have checked the speedo accuracy via GPS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was tucked up as much as possible, but there was no wind pushing from behind. I'm 10 stone 7lb (english weight!) and it seemed so cope really well so I reckon once its had a few longer runs it will get quicker!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
150 bore kit should see speeds of 75 easy.

I'll let you know in a few weeks :)
Very COOL! Any chance you can start a build thread in the build thread section and post up photos of the tear down and assembly of the 150 kit?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

Honda Wave 125 bored to 150 does 126 kph which equals 78 mph. FWIW

Reactions: Slolane

·
Registered
677 Posts
im hoping to do the bore kit as well. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Already got 16T and 17T front sprockets for it, hopefully have a little birthday parcel from Thailand heading my way this week :smile:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
How many teeth are on the stock front and rear sprockets?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can't wait to get it and see what the acceleration is like compared to my modded YSR50 and stock Vespa 150... So long as it decent I will probably go up 1 in the front... Very interesting.

·
Registered
357 Posts
with my 17.5 stone bulk I barely hit 60 today with wind behind me, still running engine in of course but in the rush hour when folk rushing to get home with there heads up there arses not paying attention, I could still do with more power, I am hoping a 150 kit and pipe etc will sort it out as I was a bit disappointed on fast roads today!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts