1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
ive seen a few vids and a few post where people are pulling 60-65mph bone stock

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Funny you should mention top speed. I was just out running some errands thinking it would be cool to take a Grom to El Mirage for the So Cal Timing Association speed runs and get an official time. And then do it again and try to break that time.

Wonder who is going to hold the World Record for fastest Grom?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Funny you should mention top speed. I was just out running some errands thinking it would be cool to take a Grom to El Mirage for the So Cal Timing Association speed runs and get an official time. And then do it again and try to break that time.

Wonder who is going to hold the World Record for fastest Grom?
Me! My grom will be the fastest Grom on the planet, at least when I'm riding it.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
If you lower it and put lower handlebars on it it will feel even faster. Might even gain a mph or two.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i had a honda 98' elite s, way back when. an out of the dealer ship it crawled to 25mph. with a simple knocking out of a exhaust restrictor and a swap out of a pulley and maybe even a foam filter in place of the airbox and a jet kit it hit 35mph pretty quickly. hoping the grom will be the same way. basically removing everything that makes them emmision compliant for the U.S.

·
Registered
357 Posts
124kph in this vid, I seen one vid of msx doin 130kph, but these dudes are like 100lbs - 130lbs, best performance mod is stay outta mcdonalds!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Talked to a buddy in the UK today. He regularly cruises at 50 mph and 6000 rpm. 50-60 takes a while and 60 mph is about 7000 rpm. He said he thought red line was 8500. The fastest he has seen is 64 with a tailwind. All stock.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
about 210

·
Registered
257 Posts
Most likely I would only do some simple bolt on's... pipe, programmer, gearing, maybe filter. I would like the top speed extended just a little, maybe 75ish, I mostly stay around 40-60 depending on what road I'm on but having a tad bit more would be nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts