Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings-

Getting ready to do a top end build on my Grom and am buying the following:

Finbro High Compression Piston - SUPER AWESOME Head 3.0 - 34mm Throttle body & Intake manifold as seen below

I have recently changed out the cam with a Takegawa and replaced the tensioner with a Koso. I feel my next step would be as seen above but have never changed a piston out before. Is there a "best" (in your preference) video that really showcases the best way to approach this as I understand ring gaps and general installation done with any fault can be pretty catastrophic. Any additional input is always welcome!

Current performance parts list:
Kitaco clutch cover
Takegawa Cam
Chimera intake
ZOOM Loop Exhaust
PCV + WB2

·
Registered
16 Posts
get a dhm piston and see if he will install it in a jug. Also finbro head is not port matched to the koso diameter so it will still need some work.

·
Registered
817 Posts
get a dhm piston and see if he will install it in a jug. Also finbro head is not port matched to the koso diameter so it will still need some work.
It will cost you slightly more money, but possibly prevent you from ruining your engine to get what you want from David @ DHmotoring. He will set all ring gaps and clock the rings for you, it will come installed in a new oem honda cylinder. His piston is higher compression with better oiling anyway. He will also port the big valve head to match your throttle body. You should also look at cameron jones racing, he has a screaming deal on the koso throttle body and intake, basically half off. You can use your savings on that to help offset the cost of the DHMotoring setup. Email david at DHMotoring, he will be glad to discuss it with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts