Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new grom owner and rider.
I want to get a solid tool kit put together for my new little one. Problem is.... I have no idea where to start. Haven't even really ridden a bike sense I was 18. But the hubby promised if i get a toolkit together he'll teach me how to mod the new gromlin.
Anyone have a good list of tools any motorcyle owner should own? Or more specifically for an OG 2014 grom?

·
Registered
51 Posts
:cool: If you have the basics , specials would be a hand impact driver, good penetrate spray like PB Blaster, NOT wd40 witch is a water displacer-40th try, a stand that lifts the swing arm-HF sells one for $40. Blue lock tight, Torque wrench if you are unsure how tight is tight, Most important is a SERVICE MANUAL and USE it...

·
Registered
51 Posts
:cool:Another thing to get is a Dyno plug tool and refills,(y) for when you or your ridding buds gets a flat, I carry one and a bicycle pump to air back up,I carry a backpack with bottles of water and the pump is in there along with a leatherman or gerber multitool, also a rain suite when needed, I keep the tire tool under the seat , Hope that helps ya...:cool:(y)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Grom!

Basic tools for basic tweaking:
Selection of screwdrivers, phillips & slot (flat blade)
Selection of metric wrenches (8 to 19mm)
various pliers
Metric sockets 3/8 drive (8 to 19mm)
a BFH

Tools for advanced tweaking:
torque wrench
impact driver
volt meter
chisel
punch
files
T-handle screwdrivers & T's in 8-17mm
battery impact wrench
Magnetic pick up tool
various picks

Grom specific:
You need a way to lift the bike off the ground for tire changes & chain lubing. Anywhere from wooden blocks to motorcycle specific jacks.
Feeler gauges for valve adjustment

Must have:
Read the owners manual!
Service manual - easily found on the interwebs
chain lube
air pressure gauge

Advanced Grom specific:
Flywheel puller
valve adjustment tool
Clutch Nut tool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts