Honda Grom banner

Took the Grom on a 400 mile camping trip. Pics!

14K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  VB 
Thats nice- I like the idea of an on/off switch. What do you do with all the extra cord? Leave it under the seat zip tied or ..?
Once you get it installed there really isn't any extra cord to hide or zip tie down. In fact it had just enough wire to reach where I have it installed, which is on the clutch side of the bars. The only zip ties I put on there were used to tuck it up next to the existing wires from the signal controls/horn. The rest just followed the existing wire harness under the plastics to the battery. I haven't had to use it for the phone yet as I haven't had the chance to do any real long distance rides yet. I also have to find a new phone adapter as I just upgraded my phone from Galaxy S3 to S5.

The hammock was great, and takes up very little space and weight

anyone have a picture of the hammock you guys are using and are you fastening between two tree trunk. What is a good brand and where online you can buy theses hammock that is of good quality.

you can probably pick up a hammock at any camping/milsurp store. be prepared to spend a little extra for one with a canopy and bug netting though. Most do not come with tree straps or rope so be prepared for that also. The good news is that 550 paracord is cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.