Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into getting my first motorcycle and have been heavily leaning toward a grom or a monkey because the look like a blast to ride and customize. However my friends are going to get bigger faster bikes and the argument is that they want to go fast and not have people passing them all the time. My question is:

Have you had major regrets in getting a 125cc bike rather than something bigger/faster, especially for a starter bike? Again my main reason for getting a motorcycle in the first place is for fun. Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not really a regret, but by the time you mod it, you'll greatly exceed the cost of a better performing bike. You'll still have 12" wheels, however.

With a 181cc NEO kit, a 5th gear, and good suspension, the bike finally feels just how I want it to. It's not as fast as my old Ducati, but it's more fun in an urban/suburban area, by far.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds to me, a larger motorcycle might be something you may wish to consider.... especially if your friends are getting larger, faster bikes, as you mentioned.

While I enjoy riding with friends who have both the Grom and Monkey bikes, should they decide to ride their larger and faster machines, it's not so much fun anymore riding the smaller, slower bike. Just my thoughts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts