Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want some stickier tires. The OE’s have already thrown me to the pavement once. What have you tried?
Looking at the Michelin’s and the Perelli’s

Looking for opinions from people that have used what their preaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
I thought I wanted those Michelin’s. Ended up going with the much stickier Kenda KD1 Kwick tires. Unfortunately, they sent me two rear tires. So they are not installed. Not sure when this will be resolved.

Can’t install the Ohlins fork kit, because they sent me a fork tool for the Kawasaki Z125 Pro. Can’t install my Brembo brakes, because I don’t have the Core Moto brake lines yet. Can’t ride my Grom, because it’s in pieces waiting on all these things to arrive...lol.

The Kendas won’t last as long, but I don’t care.

·
Registered
776 Posts
KD1 for sticky on a budget if primarily street use.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pirelli diablo. You like leaning, stopping hard/fast, and dont do burnouts? These are what i use, and i have 0 problems doing 60 in the light rain, with wet road after a hard storm. I can scratch my foot pegs anytime i want and NOT ONCE Have they lost traction other than when i purposely slid the rear in my driveway.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pirelli diablo. You like leaning, stopping hard/fast, and dont do burnouts? These are what i use, and i have 0 problems doing 60 in the light rain, with wet road after a hard storm. I can scratch my foot pegs anytime i want and NOT ONCE Have they lost traction other than when i purposely slid the rear in my driveway.
Good to know, I never felt that confident with the PowerPure's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Been running the Kenda Kwick KD1's lately (street only). Loving them much better than the IRC's and the Power Pures I had run before. Cannot be beat for the price either. Also many sizes to choose from, and they're coming out with a NEW version soon ;-)

Also, if you run a 14t front sprocket, the 120/80-12 rear puts the speedo within 1-1.5 mph accuracy. At least it does on my SF

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Want to do some local Kart tracks soon as well as the street. Have had the Corsa’s on the many Duc’s, may have to try those out. Never have had a issue.
Where’s THE place to buy?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Want to do some local Kart tracks soon as well as the street. Have had the Corsa’s on the many Duc’s, may have to try those out. Never have had a issue.
Where’s THE place to buy?

I get the Kwicks here:
Rear:
Kenda Tires KD1 Kwick Tires - 04KD1120021

Front:
Kenda Tires KD1 Kwick Tires - 04KD1F120011

Haven't personally tried them on the track yet, but a LOT of people say they're pretty damn good until your super fast.....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Still waiting on my front tire. Yawn. They won’t even email me back now...lol. I may just have to order one from someone else...haha.

It’s been a crazy past two weeks. Things could be a whole lot worse though. It will all get worked out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still waiting on my front tire. Yawn. They won’t even email me back now...lol. I may just have to order one from someone else...haha.

It’s been a crazy past two weeks. Things could be a whole lot worse though. It will all get worked out.

Scared to ask this,,,,, where you order yours? My guys Also emailed stating about a 5 day lag time????
Maybe a Covid thing??

·
Registered
776 Posts
Scared to ask this,,,,, where you order yours? My guys Also emailed stating about a 5 day lag time????
Maybe a Covid thing??

I think DIY01 used Pirelis, until they started completely shredding at higher pace.

Apex is hard on tires, but it would b cool to get some more real world feedback.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Maybe a Covid thing??

I ordered from Steady Garage. The order was delivered on the 17th. 2 of the items they sent me were wrong. I emailed them immediately. They responded on the 20th asking for some information about the tire I received.

I’ve emailed 3 times in the last 9 days. They have not responded. I provided all of the information they asked for. I don’t know what is going on. I have been as understanding and nice as humanly possibly about all of this. My patience is wearing thin though.

I might just order the tire and fork tool from MNNTHBX. This has got to come to an end. After that I’m going to pack this other tire and fork tool up and send it back to Steady Garage’s address on the invoice. I think they could at least return an email and tell me what is going on.

Where did you order from?

I hate to even post this here. The last thing I want to do is tarnish someone’s reputation in any way. Not my intention, but you asked, so I answered.

As far as a Covid thing goes, I don’t know. The original order shipped out quick. I’ve ordered from them once in the past with no problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to know.

I ordered three Hard Racing. Don’t think my tires have shipped yet.
I emailed back asking about a second set of tires for my daughters 2018 SF. Was hoping for at least some free shipping. That didn’t happened

·
Registered
426 Posts
I usually can get stuff from Hard Racing really quick. Hard Racing has never let me down.

Steady Garage was offering free shipping. They happened to have all of the items I was looking for. That’s why I went with them this time.

I’m not sure if they are having some problem I’m not aware of or what. Strange. I hope I don’t sound unreasonable. I figured they could let me know something though.

I’ve missed a lot of riding lately waiting on parts. Some of that is my own fault though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've placed 3 orders from Hard Racing in the past couple of weeks, and everything has come within a couple days. I too ordered a set of the Pirelli's, and tracking shows they'll arrive Friday via UPS. I cant wait to get them mounted. Next up for me will be the front fork kit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Everything I’ve ever ordered from Hard Racing was here the next day.

I’ve got a nice Ohlins fork kit. I mean, I have no way of installing it, since they sent me the installation tool for a Kawasaki Z125 Pro, but I’ve got the kit...lol.

Reactions: TOBTEK
1 - 20 of 29 Posts