Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing the original tires that came with my Grom with some Michelins I bought.

These are the arrows shown on the sidewalls on the front and rear tires.

I've already reinstalled the front wheel with the arrow next to the the word "Front" facing the forward direction of the bike but how should I mount the rear tire which only has the one word, "rear", and corresponding arrow as shown in the pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
above posters are correct, arrow dictates the direction of rotation depending on where it is mounted. The reason for the two different arrows on the front is because its designed for both front and rear.

Motorcycle tires experiences different forces at each end, braking on the front and acceleration on the rear. That's why when you see matching tread tires on a bike it looks like one tire was mounted on the rim in the wrong direction, but it is correctly mounted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to be absolutely sure about how to mount the rear tire before I went ahead because it's bit of a wrestling match to get the buggers on the wheels.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to be absolutely sure about how to mount the rear tire before I went ahead because it's bit of a wrestling match to get the buggers on the wheels.
Yeah for some reason these 12" wheels have been the biggest PITA for me as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts