Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the minute i picked up my monkey the free play in the throttle was excessive, my throttle turned quite a bit before raising the engine speed. So i finally had a minute to solve this little problem. If this bothers you it should take about 2 minutes to adjust. Remove the Phillips screw under the right side of the air box cover and slide the cover forward towards the front wheel carefully. Loosen the 10mm lock nut on the throttle body (it’s a push pull cable) only one is adjustable. Turn the adjuster counter clock wise until you have an acceptable amount of play in the throttle. I adjusted mine to almost none. It’s now a 1/4 turn throttle if that.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't see how adjusting free play is going to get you down to a 1/4 throttle unless the tube on the Monkey is different than what's on the Grom. I guess the dealer did alright on my Grom because free play is almost nonexistent which I like. The throttle turn is still loooong though. It almost feels like a full turn. :crazy:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Using the line on the stock grip i put a piece of tape on the bar end when the throttle was closed and one fully open. The chrome showing is the whole rotation of my throttle.
Mine is like yours. I can't see how anyone would want any shorter throw than it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts