Honda Grom banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's actually a pretty good price for the best most/durable brand/model of "Ruckas". Has a Yoshi exhaust, yet he only mentions it as a carbon fiber exhaust. That alone is worth $350.
I am guessing, just a guess. He bought it already all put together like that, doesn't really know what he has, and now is hurting for cash. I'm willing to bet if you throw 1k cash his way, he might bite.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am guessing, just a guess. He bought it already all put together like that, doesn't really know what he has, and now is hurting for cash. I'm willing to bet if you throw 1k cash his way, he might bite.
Are you listening, rkwfxd? A little trip to San Diego?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Are you listening, rkwfxd? A little trip to San Diego?
Oh yeah, I'm listening. But all my cash is committed to the Grom right now. You make a great point that I tend to forget. These asking prices are just that, ASKING prices. I'm gonna try to get hooked up with some Ruck riders and see what I can find.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you decide to invest time in tuning your GET engine it will definitely run stronh enough. Mine goes 52-57 most of the time with a best top speed of 59mph.

I can vouch for Strokd_ on helping and personally going 60's in a few GETs down here in Fl.

Now as far as the prices of rucks nowadays they are not everybody some might be completely outrages while others are actually very reasonable. Here in Florida currently an older beat up stock Ruckus goes for around $1800.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I owned an 07 white camo Ruckus back in 08-09. 300 miles used at a Yamaha dealership for $1800 OTD. Nowadays I'm seeing the same 07 to 09 models with like 5k miles for $2k+. It's just crazy when MSRP is $2600. And it's crazy to not spend another $400 for a Grom.

Oh, and for every decently priced Ruckus on ATX craigslist there's an ad about one being stolen. Hopefully that trend wont continue for the Groms. :(

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I owned an 07 white camo Ruckus back in 08-09. 300 miles used at a Yamaha dealership for $1800 OTD. Nowadays I'm seeing the same 07 to 09 models with like 5k miles for $2k+. It's just crazy when MSRP is $2600. And it's crazy to not spend another $400 for a Grom.

Oh, and for every decently priced Ruckus on ATX craigslist there's an ad about one being stolen. Hopefully that trend wont continue for the Groms. :(
Yep this is my issue exactly. Although I have recently found some very very nice used 11 and 12 Rucks with very low miles in the $1800 - $2000 range. So like others have said, good deals seem to be out there it is just a matter of how hard you want to look. For now I am focused on the Grom.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wait till the grom comes out then you should be able to get a Ruck for pretty cheap IMO. I keep telling myself I'm not going to spend money on my ruck until I get my Grom but that's not happening. All I need now is an extension and I think I'll be done and I'll sell it to you rkwfxd for $3,000!! :money:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought my Grom last week, $3,199 MSRP. The dealership had a Ruckus stock and brand new for $3,389 though Honda suggests $2,649. I asked the salesman why and he said "They don't sell as well as the Grom, but people want them real badly." I got my Grom for $3,500 OTD, but I feel bad for the sucker who buys a Ruckus from that place.

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I first got my ruckus. I rode it around town. But I wasn't smiling or having fun. I was worried about other the cars behind me, or how to get over from the right lane to the left turn lane without getting run over. It was just too slow for the roads around me. I also invested $$ mildly making it a little faster, stretched, fat tire etc. I barely rode it, and felt unsafe with cars going over 50+. I kind of regret getting the ruckus and spending so much money now that I think about it, but I also learned so much about A/F ratios, tuning CVT, customizing a bike. I also learned some fundamentals of a two wheel motorized bike with the ruckus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a gy6150cc ruckus for sale if n e 1 is interested. Fat tire disc brake front end. 12 inch stretch. The works accepting offers. Hit me up
:cautious::cautious::confused::cautious::confused:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts