Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean wookie ride 2013?? I would be interested. I am only two states away.
If shoebacca wants to show up that would be AWESOME :) In fact, I hope to meet him very soon.

I'm in. Just need a date so I can ask off for work.
No date yet, still in planning stages. It will be a bit out so that people who have orders in place can get them... like me, you jerks ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
make it college station and you all can come to Texas World Speedway and watch the races... CMRA will be there Oct 5-6th and Oct 25-26th...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i'm down! and i will bring the shoebacca shoes for sure!

I was working at sears outlet and showing mattresses to customer. They were hispanic. I laughed inside when the wife grabbed her heart and in spanish said, "Dios Mio, Mira los zapatos! ( OMG, look at his shoes!)!!!

Yes, I know they are attention getters, but i wear them bc they are so comfortable!

If you think my shoes are over the top... wait til you see my oakley's! Dang I need to go home and find them. I will keep that one a secret until 2013 Wookie Ride in Austin!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
make it college station and you all can come to Texas World Speedway and watch the races... CMRA will be there Oct 5-6th and Oct 25-26th...
We have this little track here called the Circuit of the Americas ;) Perhaps you've heard of it? :) -- There are a ton of amazing places in Texas. Austin is where I'm at and most familiar with so thats the area I would prefer. It is also centrally located which is a benefit. Quick drive for Dallas, San Antonio and Houston...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm down! and i will bring the shoebacca shoes for sure!

I was working at sears outlet and showing mattresses to customer. They were hispanic. I laughed inside when the wife grabbed her heart and in spanish said, "Dios Mio, Mira los zapatos! ( OMG, look at his shoes!)!!!

Yes, I know they are attention getters, but i wear them bc they are so comfortable!

If you think my shoes are over the top... wait til you see my oakley's! Dang I need to go home and find them. I will keep that one a secret until 2013 Wookie Ride in Austin!
We like to joke here man but don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about your clothes, shoes, etc... you rock whatever you want and whatever is comfortable. I'm not judging. Just thought it was something funny to harass you about... but rock on man!

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh, i have heard of it, but, i actually get to race TWS... and you all could actually get close to the action there...

BTW, college station is 100 miles away from austin... it would cost you about $2.50 in gas to get there on the Grom...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
We like to joke here man but don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about your clothes, shoes, etc... you rock whatever you want and whatever is comfortable. I'm not judging. Just thought it was something funny to harass you about... but rock on man!
No offense taken at all... I think it is funny! Trust me, if i felt bad about the looks i got from them, I wouldn't have bought three pairs! It comes with the territory.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh, i have heard of it, but, i actually get to race TWS... and you all could actually get close to the action there...

BTW, college station is 100 miles away from austin... it would cost you about $2.50 in gas to get there on the Grom...
I got to race COTA about a month ago with a Nissan get together. It was amazing. But I agree with you on watching and not being close, not a good track for being "right up in" the action.

On the Vibrams note, I have a couple pair but just never could get into them. It was such a pain to get them on since my pinky toe has a slight deformity from when I was a child (both feet) -- when I was growing up, my pinky toe actually crossed over the toe next to it. Over the years its gotten better and better but it still is right up on it and hard to get the shoes on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would never ride on 6 into College Station on a Grom... I think the average speed going down that road is about 80 and everyone wants to pass the next guy. In the car or truck No problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts