Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i already have a chimera intake and zoom exhaust. but am bugged that i went that far and didnt do a cam when they are the cheaper of the mods to do. I have a flashed ECU for the intake/exhaust mods. question. If i do a cam now do i need to do another ECU flash or should i be good to run on the flash that i already have? thoughts?

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you get a cam, be prepared to give up low rpm torque in exchange for high rpm horsepower. I'm not willing to make that trade, but lots of other riders are.

Your choice. :)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
If you get a cam, be prepared to give up low rpm torque in exchange for high rpm horsepower. I'm not willing to make that trade, but lots of other riders are.

Your choice. :)
Depends on the cam. My build is all lower RPM torque and I’ll be running the Kitaco type 1 cam.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You will definitely want a reflash. I just went through this on my Grom. Cameron Jones changed the tune for free, since I was already running a reflashed ECU I purchased from him. There was a $15 fee for shipping and handling. Not bad at all. Cameron is a great guy.

I feel like I lost nothing on the bottom end with the Yoshimura ST-2M cam, but the bike now starts pulling harder at about 6000-7000rpms. It pulls real hard above 9000 rpms. My rev limiter is set at 10,000. Yoshimura’s dyno charts seem to accurately reflect what I have experienced with this cam. The bike is more fun to ride.

I’ve got more testing to do and maybe a little adjusting, but I’ve hit 71mph twice now (full tuck). Previous top speeds were around 62-63mph. That is on flat ground, with stock gearing. That was with low tire pressure. I also did some intake work too. There is a thread about it in the “Grom Talk” section.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i ordered the TB cam off mnthbx and will be sending the ecu back to cjr to update the flash, i guess the reflash is a free update if you got the first one from him.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The gains on my dcr r2 cam are all top end gains above 6000 rpm. That said, I love it. Drastic increase in acceleration from 0 to 60. Top end doesn't just mean top speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts