Honda Grom banner
161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the bike for just over two weeks...finally some time and decent weather here in Nebraska to add a few new goodies...

1. Takegawa Standard exhaust.
2. Rear rack.
3. Yoshimura fender eliminator.
4. and a few Honda chrome tank emblems to the monstrous airbox. Just wanted to do something there??
A pic of the bike and one with my original 50 that I restored several years back. Have a good one!
-Matt

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great minds think alike, for I recently went with a rack and the Takwgawa STD exhaust on my Monkey, as well.
Your bikes look great together Matt, for I have a Z50A too. Nice touch, with the well-placed Honda stickers on the airbox. You're making me reconsider the Yoshimura fender eliminator, for yours looks great.
Welcome to the forum!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Moritech rear rack direct from Zeedparts in Thailand. They claim 8kg carrying weight so that's why I went for it. Most others were around 3kg.
Helmet Personal protective equipment Bumper Sports gear Sled

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put on mirror extenders. Wow. Now I can see what's going on behind me. With the factory mirrors, I could only really see my arms. Oh, and because I tore up the stock mirrors trying to loosen the impossibly tight factory jam nuts, I replaced them with a pair of black units.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This week, I added the Kitaco skid plate. I also added the 330mm black rear shock set from TBParts. These are the "mystery shocks" discussed and recommended on the John5XR YouTube channel. They make a huge improvement. Every time I stiffen them up, I like them better. Oh, and I also gave her a bath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This week, I added the Kitaco skid plate. I also added the 330mm black rear shock set from TBParts. These are the "mystery shocks" discussed and recommended on the John5XR YouTube channel. They make a huge improvement. Every time I stiffen them up, I like them better. Oh, and I also gave her a bath.
View attachment 90005 View attachment 90006 View attachment 90008
The Kitaco skid plate will not work if your bike has Hot Lap Japan exhaust system installed. I have one Kitaco skid plate available if you need one.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Installed some Chimera preload spacers.

I was totally expecting to not like these... but I'm extremely surprised how much better it is. I'll do some longer rides later this week to really get a feel for them.

BTW the zip tie method was a joke. Ratchet straps were so much easier.

·
Registered
2020 Monkey
37 Posts
Got Kitaco 5 speed installed w/speedo kit. I like it a lot, works well with other mods. (Cam &DHM ecu, Chimera intake, SuperTrapp). Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

161 - 177 of 177 Posts