Honda Grom banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
They look great! Thanks for the picture. May I ask where you purchased them I think I might like to add them to my bike, also was there enough cable to accommodate or did you have to add any?
I got them from my local motorbike shop.. it’s a common item and dirt cheap at $55aud. most bike shops should stock them. There is plenty of extra cable for a 30mm rise but I did have to unclip the power cables on the right side near the light so they can slide up and down freely. I really don’t know why more monkey owners haven’t done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
one more full gas tank...:crazy:
tomorrow will be the first service (1000 kilometers).
everything is fine..

I have already done a oil drain myself around 700 km but I want the seller's stamp :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the fuel efficiency with this bike. Am I reading your chart wrong or is that really 21 euros for 3.6 liters of fuel???

edit: I see it now, that is your running total and that it’s a little more than 5 euros to fill up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
first service to 1000 km done.
morality: they empty the oil (not even the quantity written in the book), they fill and that's all.just a quick cleaning blow on the muffler to remove the oil.
15 minutes max.
I just had time to go to the drinks distributor, take a coffee (well, OK .. it was hot ..:wink:) and it was over.
checkout ..Pay the bill & goodbye.
all to have the stamp on the warranty book.
Fortunately, I controlled everything myself. I also asked for a guaranteed opening for the paint that does not fit on the swingarm.
go home without being shot :cool2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed the z-afm for my koso 170cc kit. Bike runs good. Noticeable power increase. Great bottom end despite the yoshimuira cam. Still hard to get it to idle when the motor is cold
Start you bike and plug you Bazzaz into a laptop witht he Bazzaz software open. let it idle and let the O2 sensor warm up to "OK" status. then change the value in the bottom left fuel cell whjere the bike is idling - you will see it if you click the track throtle position. just keep changing the value until the AF ratio kicks up to 13/1 (or where you feel comfortable) and the idle will smooth out and sit on about 1400-1500rpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Added the Ohlins KO rear shocks from Japan. Didn't think these would be that big of a game changer for $150, but wow, my daughter and I installed them in less than 10min then rode for 27miles on all dirt and gravel roads yesterday and my butt is thankful!

View attachment 79470
You bought the Ohlins KO rear shocks for $150? Where, that would be an up grade I’d like to look into.

·
Registered
143 Posts
KO meaning knock off. No where near the quality of real ohlins... As always, you get what you pay for. Just search eBay for monkey shocks and you will find what he is talking about.

I totally get the temptation to go for something like those but truth is, suspension requires precision components and those budget models just cannot be very precise

·
Registered
112 Posts
KO meaning knock off. No where near the quality of real ohlins... As always, you get what you pay for. Just search eBay for monkey shocks and you will find what he is talking about.

I totally get the temptation to go for something like those but truth is, suspension requires precision components and those budget models just cannot be very precise
I would never get those cheapies it’s a recipe for disaster imo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Finally got around to winterizing. Well, half-winterized — topped off the gas and added Stabil. Still need to get a pigtail for the battery tender. Started right up today after sitting for about a month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I added some Chimera quick release seat bolts.
Also, my Monkey's kickstand has been scratching up my epoxied garage floor.
I bought a kickstand foot pad and JB welded a piece of rubber to the bottom. Problem solved.
There are quite a few kickstand foot pads available online. Most are specific to particular models.
But none for the Monkey.
I took a chance and got one made for the Honda PCX scooter, (yeah, I know that's depressing)
But it fit perfectly.
oh...my...gawd...you saved my a$$! ive been looking for the kickstand pad and bought one for grom which didnt fit! that surprised the heck out of me! anyway i didnt find the one you have but a gold one for pcx and i am stoked! thank you for posting that! cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had installed a Takegawa exhaust and really like it, for it's not loud at all. Not sure about a huge performance increase over the stock OEM system, but it looks better (to me) without the extra plumbing underneath the bike.
DSC02550.JPG

Road Warrior.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the monkey bike alarm. I know the ECU should shut it down when it threatens the battery....but still not a fan. I have a Ctek battery charger and was thinking where I could fit a port.....I don't like the lead hanging out....doesn't look tidy. I normally use Hella Din type sockets but space was tight. I came across Magcode power ports......they are a magnetic contact plug and are very slim. This enabled me to fit the power plug as pictured. They are supposed to be waterproof, and you can buy an optional cover.......the cover however took up too much room so I ditched it. Installation hole is 28mm. If I did it again, I'd make the hole a little lower, as it only just clears the seat bolts inside.
Oh, I adapted a Ctek lead, as they wanted £48 for a manufactured one. The standard lead is about £6
Rob
20200210_141545.jpg
20200210_141535.jpg
20200210_141553.jpg

141 - 160 of 160 Posts