Honda Grom banner
121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
And they don’t come loose just hand-tightened? I just put on the ones from MNNTHBX, but I might have to check these out.
You know, if nobody invents it before me, all these seat front bolts, all that is really needed is a push pin, the type used in aviation (and marine) that you push the button and a ball retracts allowing the pin to be pulled free or be inserted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
And they don’t come loose just hand-tightened? I just put on the ones from MNNTHBX, but I might have to check these out.
They have a rubber gasket that keeps them snug. They also come with choice of two stickers.
I used the company name. The other one is a Monkey.
I can’t help but think that after time those rubber gaskets will loosen up. Sharp looking though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I saw I believe a yellow monkey riding through the Cleveland metro parks on valley parkway. Wanted to see if it was anyone on the forums.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can’t help but think that after time those rubber gaskets will loosen up. Sharp looking though.
The MNNTBX plugs thread straight in, use the Monkey key or a screw driver to gently tighten, they do not come loose. The O-ring on the other fellows, I am sure that is a common O-ring, no problem replacing it if and when it wears out. Seems like a good idea to me as extra security.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They have a rubber gasket that keeps them snug. They also come with choice of two stickers.
I used the company name. The other one is a Monkey.

Went with the monkey stickers on mine.

they seem to stay snug, have had them on there for over 500 miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a little over 600 miles on both of our Monkeys I decided to check valve clearances today. Both bikes had an oil change at 100 miles and have seen quite a bit of wide open throttle since then. My Monkey had both intake and exhaust slightly loose. My wife's Monkey didn't require any adjustments. I probably won't check them again until we get a couple thousand miles on them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I confess I have searched before finding how to remove the side of the air filter especially without breaking anything by forcing like a mule :crazy:
I found it anyway. remove the screw and release the assembly forward.

back part of the cache:

the notches on the air filter

there is not much space for a screwdriver. I used a small extra flat ratchet wrench.very helpful

and do a small adjustment of the throttle grip

·
Registered
116 Posts
but racing bros are not ohlins :wink:
funny: to make one believe that one has ohlins by painting it in yellow and when one has true ohlins, to paint them in black ... to be more discreet.
To live happy, live hidden.:cool2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This was over a few days. Yoshi full pipe:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Transport

MNNTHBX intake, with a different filter I had laying around.

Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Auto part Engine

Tachometer. I 3D printed the mount for it following this

Vehicle Auto part Tire Gauge Automotive tire

MNNTHBX handlebars and Amazonian bar end mirrors:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Yellow Motorcycle

Now just waiting for an ECU flash for my cam. Its so tiny!

Auto part Metal Titanium Cylinder Hardware accessory

Next up is mini turn signals and shorty levers once they arrive in the mail.

Update, adjustable levers:

Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive tire Suspension

turn signals installed with MNNTHBX relay:

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Phew. That should hold me over till I get my flash/cam in!

·
Registered
28 Posts
30mm risers and a quad lock to mount my phone for navigation. I’m surprised more monkey owners don’t raise the bars for comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 177 Posts