Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I fitted the Kitaco high volume oil pump and Kitaco clutch cover that converts the oil filtering to a cartridge oil filter system, cleaned the oil screen, I fitted a set of 330mm Takegawa rear shocks, a Takegawa stock look performance pipe and Tyga carbon fiber exhaust end cap and heat shield, reset the ECU, fitted a H2C rear rack, Yoshimura tail tidy, Gcraft spindle holder and a TB shift lever, very impressed with the improvement in performance, still have to de restrick the air box, fit a Takegawa air filter and tune with a Dynojet PV3, 200km on the speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
All real nice additions to the bike :encouragement:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had mine apart waiting for the MNNTBX Mtake that the post office elected to change the delivery date on. So I put it back together and rode it! (It's now back apart)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went back to my factory 15 tooth sprocket. Since adding the intake, I was topping out the bike with the 14t. It makes enough power now to make 4th usable even on inclines. I am back to downshifting on big hills though. Didn't have to do that nearly as much with the 14t.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went back to my factory 15 tooth sprocket. Since adding the intake, I was topping out the bike with the 14t. It makes enough power now to make 4th usable even on inclines. I am back to downshifting on big hills though. Didn't have to do that nearly as much with the 14t.
So you're hitting the limiter in 4th with the intake and the 14t? I've had mine up to 67mph and wasn't there yet, that intake must make a big difference! Can't wait to get mine installed!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So you're hitting the limiter in 4th with the intake and the 14t? I've had mine up to 67mph and wasn't there yet, that intake must make a big difference! Can't wait to get mine installed!
When you are installing yours do you mind take a few measurements for me?
Would like to know if the silicone hose is 1.5” I.D all the way from the throttle body to the filter or does it increase at the filter end and if so but how much.
If it’s not too much trouble that would be great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not on level ground. A slight down hill and I’m hitting 71 and it starts getting engine vibration. I also have a yoshi cam though.

71 indicated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HotLap trail exhaust installed and a quick spin about the neighbourhood.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, we have a lot of cool Monkeys and we just got them. The mods are super individualized to the owner. Does anybody like the new fender? I am “all go and no show” but it was cheap and offers a ton of protection. I wanted the down bracket for the stock fender, but this is much cheaper. I like it. I may get it wrapped in yellow chrome or monkey yellow or silver chrome. I may paint a yellow racing stripe on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
What fender is that? It would be real easy to loose some (but hardly all) of the Monkey look and do a cafe racer look with the Monkey or a street scrambler look (high fender for that). Put a mini cafe fairing above the round head lamp Monster style, put the racing stripes on a painted/color matched fender with vinyl. Maybe raise the tank a little to accentuate (and make appear larger) the cafe style instead of the Funky Monkey style.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What fender is that? It would be real easy to loose some (but hardly all) of the Monkey look and do a cafe racer look with the Monkey or a street scrambler look (high fender for that). Put a mini cafe fairing above the round head lamp Monster style, put the racing stripes on a painted/color matched fender with vinyl. Maybe raise the tank a little to accentuate (and make appear larger) the cafe style instead of the Funky Monkey style.
It is a matte black Grom fender, got it at partsfish for 25 bucks delivered. Tooter showed me. I just want more protection for the oil cooler. I prefer to be all function over form, but it does both.

The Grom has supports in front of and behind both shocks. The Monkey only has a right support and it must differ slightly. I had to fabricate a little bracket. However, I rode it first and cracked it. Also, the nose rubbed a little, so I took a steak knife to it. I will order another and do it correctly.

Funny, all those paint schemes are in the mix. Probably go with 2 fat stripes in Monkey yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got my TTO head temp gauge to 358F. It wants to stay about 320, I had to ride in 3rd gear for a few miles at 6000 rpm to get 358. Under 375 is good, right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
MNNTHBX got me all squared away and I finally got the Mtake installed which literally took 15min, super easy, and I highly recommend it. Excellent customer service on their part! As far as performance, it definitely changes the sound with the Yoshi full system, and I've actually noticed that off the throttle the sound is not nearly as loud as it used to be which I did not expect. The intake does have a ticking intake sound at idle which takes some getting used to. In terms of performance there is a noticible difference in throttle response and my usual mountain ride I hit 69.2mph instead of 66.9, which isn't huge, but I'm back to stock gearing now, so I should probably do another test with the 14t up front, but I'll probably wait until I get my ECU flash or Bazzazz as I'm in desperate need of a tune now.
IMG_8103.JPG IMG_8104.JPG IMG_8168.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lots of yellow bikes out there... I did the first oil change and stole lithium battery from my Grom to lighten the load.
AC1E9349-0B3B-488C-9AFC-A22A9489164F.jpeg

61 - 80 of 160 Posts