Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Got my rear Big Block mounted up today.
Wow, cool. That is going to give it real dirt capabilities. There are videos of Monkeys being ridden hard in dirt. I want my Monkey to be more of a supermoto, capable of light trails. However, I want to turn a 2020 Super Cub into a scrambler, stiff suspension, knobbies...The majority of Cubs rarely see good USA style pavement anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installed the chrome H2C rear rack, mirror extenders, and short throw throttle tube. Funny enough, my stock grip wasn't even glued on. Quick squirt of WD40 and it pulled right off. The bar end met the impact driver and came right off as well. Took about 30min for all three.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Link, photos and review once fitted please BUCKNUT

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rode it a bit today. Testing the new takegawa STD exhaust. Much more clearance under the bike. Speed didn't change much but acceleration is better.

I might end up trying the TB cam, clutch springs, a remap and a 13t front sprocket....

Those Kenda big block tires interest me greatly but the stock tires grip great on the dirt so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally found the rev limiter, 10330 sound right? I ride hard and get everything out of each gear, but I had to try and blow it up in second to hit it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put a 14t sprocket on today. I have no idea why the bike did not come with this gearing from the factory. It gives the bike much needed pep, especially when you don't feel like wringing out 1st gear. 4th gear will maintain speed on steeper grades. To my surprise, it did not affect ABS function like I thought it would.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mounted my 1st attempt at a fender eliminator, 2nd one I will be trying to incorporate the OEM licence plate light

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installed the 12oclockLabs SpeedoDRD H9 Speedo Calibrator to fix the stock speedometer as I'm running a 14t sprocket up front and the Kenda Big Blocks now. Literally a 15min install and works like a charm. Highly recommended for $70.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts