Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed the MNNTHBX Monkey Tail Plate Mount with LED Plate bolts. Super easy to install and sure does clean up the rear. Only minuscule complaint I have is it should have been bent up a bit more. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
MNNTHBX seat caps, tail plate mount, and forged aluminum shifter in black.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it's easier finding neutral since it is directly connected to the shift shaft where the stock one has like 3 linkages for some reason which gives extra play. I don't think it's that much longer if any. I haven't had the chance to ride mine with proper boots on yet as so far I've just ridden around the neighborhoods with my kids. It's a TBParts shifter, here is a pic.
TBW1333.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Today my daughter and I got the Yoshi installed. My goodness, the internet videos really don't do this thing justice. This is now the best sounding bike I own. It has completely changed the attitude of the Monkey and I love it!
Monkey Yosh.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it's easier finding neutral since it is directly connected to the shift shaft where the stock one has like 3 linkages for some reason which gives extra play. I don't think it's that much longer if any. I haven't had the chance to ride mine with proper boots on yet as so far I've just ridden around the neighborhoods with my kids. It's a TBParts shifter, here is a pic.
View attachment 79126
Thank you much for that!

I had a chance to do some research and I think I may be keeping the stock setup with the linkage, it turns out the reason honda used this setup is due to the fact that they had some issues with the actual shifter shaft (shaft that sticks out of the motor) breaking off during a fall, leaving you stranded.

I hope someone comes out with a "stock setup" extended shift arm.

Again, I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
102 Posts
14 tooth front sprocket. Installed was about 5-10 minutes. It holds fourth easily and while the mph reads higher, it’s happier with the yoshi cam. Seems to pick up power right at the shift point from the previous gear. Feels more like my z125 did.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Added a hot coil and the hi flow fuel line from yuminashi. Got 3 full gasket sets and 2 clutch cover gaskets from Thailand too. I posted a pic on the Pimp Chimp build thread. Check it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
14 tooth sprocket on the ol' banana. It does seem to make a little bit of difference. At 5,000ft the monkey is already down on power a bit here in CO, so every bit helps!

·
Registered
133 Posts
No tuck, sitting straight up, full face helmet, bike was stable, however, I get the feeling it would just pick up speed if I slammed on the brakes. Stock tires are dangerous. I wish I would have paid more attention to the speed. I know I could have hit 70. I was kinda busy trying not to die. Still buzzing on adrenaline.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you much for that!

I had a chance to do some research and I think I may be keeping the stock setup with the linkage, it turns out the reason honda used this setup is due to the fact that they had some issues with the actual shifter shaft (shaft that sticks out of the motor) breaking off during a fall, leaving you stranded.

I hope someone comes out with a "stock setup" extended shift arm.

Again, I appreciate your help!
The shifter that MNNTHBX sells has a spring loaded peg, so if it does hit, it shouldn't break. Shifting is much better with it. Here's a look at how it flexes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_7VqXXAzs&feature=youtu.be&t=109

·
Registered
44 Posts
Added the Ohlins KO rear shocks from Japan. Didn't think these would be that big of a game changer for $150, but wow, my daughter and I installed them in less than 10min then rode for 27miles on all dirt and gravel roads yesterday and my butt is thankful!

ShockJPG.JPG

21 - 40 of 156 Posts