Honda Grom banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I drove out not expecting heavy rain.
But After about 5 miles, I ran into heavy downpour. I had my cold/wet weather gear on so I was not too concerned. But I felt I was slightly underdressed for the weather and I had not brought a midlayer in my backpack so I decided to head back home. I was about 20 miles into my ride.
I thought maybe I should capture video of my wet weather riding and I parked the monkey at one point to mount the Gopro camera on the bike. After I started the bike, it had very small hick up while accelerating. Then I noticed CEL was on.
Bike was running OK but I guess water got in the engine because while the bike was on its stand the tilt angle introduced more rain water into the airfilter.
I pulled over and turned the engine off, pulled the key out and started the bike again but the light stayed on.
And after 1 mile or 2 I stopped and pulled the key out and started the engine again but the CEL did not go away.
The bike was running fine. I was out of the rain after about 10 miles.

I arrived at home and turned the engine off to open the garage door. After I got back to the bike and turned the bike back on, the CEL light was gone!

I came inside the house, pulled the SD card out of the camera and inserted into the computer and...... nothing had recorded.
I guess the record button didn't get pressed. So I have no footage of wet weather riding. LOL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Jim CELs due to minor issues clear themselves usually after a few start ups/rides (but you knew that)
Good to know though it can handle heavy rain because no doubt I will see it in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Jim CELs due to minor issues clear themselves usually after a few start ups/rides (but you knew that)
Good to know though it can handle heavy rain because no doubt I will see it in the next few weeks.
Also, I find myself taking the 60 mph highways more and more since the stage 2 mod. It makes planning my routes much easier.

·
Registered
157 Posts
1410 miles on odo.

adjusted chain. 7/8 of a turn was needed on the screws. that backed out rear axle maybe about 2mm.
Axle nut torque spec: 44 ft lb

cleaned and lubed the chain.

also, i made a splash shield for the engine oil temp sensor.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Hood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Aircraft Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
157 Posts
Why the rain shield?
The connectors are waterproof...
I have had cel come on after riding it in the rain, and i resolved the issue by swapping out the eot sensor with my grom’s. They are both ok after swapping.
Before i tried swapping i tried taking it out and cleaning the connectors and drying them and all that. Nothing worked. And the cel code pointed to the engine oil temp sensor. So i wanted rule out faulty sensor and tried grom sensor and it took care of the cel light.
but when i put the sensor from monkey on the grom grom didnt have any cel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Today i put the stock exhaust back on and sent out ecu for reflash.
I am planing a multi day ride with a friend and wanted to quiet it down a little.
i still have intake and CAM.
It will be interesting to test the top speeds, mpg, and noise level on the familiar roads.

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

241 - 260 of 263 Posts