Honda Grom banner

81 - 100 of 2764 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
We originally planned to put them on the same circuit as the license plate lamp but there wasn't enough juice to light them both up. We just installed a 12v fusible link and a switch running from the battery to the lights. This was a better idea anyway as they can now be switched on if the bike is parked and ignition off if she wants to do this.

I was thinking or hard wiring them into the brake lights

·
Registered
236 Posts
You could do that too. I was trying to avoid cutting the harness if possible but it would be fairly simple. You would just want them on when you hit the brakes or running them with the tail light? I am still a little surprised that they wouldn't run off the license plate circuit so I would try to test it on the tail lamp circuit before you splice into the harness just to make sure it works. Worst case scenario is you could use that circuit with a small relay. I think the lights we used were .26amps at 12v so it wouldn't take much.

I hate messing with the factory harness and try to avoid it whenever possible. Future problems always seem to come up at the worst times, especially electrical ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Today (and yesterday) I attempted plasti-dipping my grom.. And failed :D

Never used spraycan before, and I did it in ~5ºC...

Oh well, I've learned a thing or two at least.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
You could do that too. I was trying to avoid cutting the harness if possible but it would be fairly simple. You would just want them on when you hit the brakes or running them with the tail light? I am still a little surprised that they wouldn't run off the license plate circuit so I would try to test it on the tail lamp circuit before you splice into the harness just to make sure it works. Worst case scenario is you could use that circuit with a small relay. I think the lights we used were .26amps at 12v so it wouldn't take much.

I hate messing with the factory harness and try to avoid it whenever possible. Future problems always seem to come up at the worst times, especially electrical ones.

I would like to run them with with the tail light. I saw a video on youtube where a guy hard wired them into the tail/brake light and they got brighter when he hit the brakes

·
Registered
116 Posts
Grom1202 you have to make a DIY for this seat mod! I'd love to see how you did it and sure lot of others would be interested too.

Custom 8 dollar fender eliminator......... Seat mod,,,, Everyone should do this.. i can ride for hours without pain... foam was free from a old acura integra seat...:smile:

·
Registered
91 Posts
what he said.. i been sitting on some cans of it and when i have time to do it the weather blows.. either too damp or cold.. but of course we had a few days when it was unusually warm and i had to work.. so give us some hints on what didnt work

Sorry, been busy and didn't see these replies :)

Well, I haven't learned spesifics, but to sum up:

1. Do not use it at ~6ºC and a bit humid weather
2. Keep the distance specified (20cm), do not go closer
3. Make sure to clean the nozzle WELL between each and every layer you put down
4. You'll need more that you expect :p

I guess that's my lessons..

And now, today's work:

Engingeguards:
2013-10-15 20.41.01 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Windscreen:
2013-10-15 20.41.20 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ps. How do I embed flickr pictures?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I fitted my 16t front sprocket today and took her out for a test ride.
I'm quite happy how she rides... It's made 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear more useable and dropped my cruising revs. Just what I wanted to achieve, as I spend a lot of time on 50/60mph roads.

Sent from my HTC One

81 - 100 of 2764 Posts