Honda Grom banner
2941 - 2957 of 2957 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll answer this myself...ordered YSS MC302-250TL shock Nov 23rd. Arrived today, Nov 27th - from Thailand! Through Amazon Prime. Pre-load tool was included. It's the rod type to turn whatever the spanner nut is called and a set-screw to lock tat nut in place. Very nice quality of build and packaging.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, they're the same from what I've heard.

edit: HAHA!!! See post above!
Indeed, I can confirm. 😉 The 3rd gen Grom awful stiff swingarm bushings are the same as previous generations. OEM bushings removed:
Tool Wood Gun accessory Bullet Metal

My SP bike history since new, 5 months and 6500 miles ago:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Assuming you changed the fork internals as well?
LOL, Good God no! Are you kidding? It takes hours to do all that. The caps are all I wanted. Besides, as I tend to do with everything I made enough of a big production just changing both of them out...

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

...kidding aside, yes I replaced the internals with the Ohlins FDK112 cartridge valve and spring kit. HA! 😉

A lazy afternoon tinkering in the garage ...and I wish the time spent could have gone on forever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I swapped the stock front fender for the motard fender from msx125accesories and added universal handleguards from aliexpress. The red valentine colour is a bit lighter than stock but it's ok.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
356 Posts
What did it do to you ?
It's a mutual hate. I honked it out too far and can't get the API Tech controller to work any more. It did great as a 164 with supporting mods but I just HAD to go TB186 when that came out like 5yrs ago.
I am done spending on this thing as it will take another 1000 or more for a better computer.
hear tell that DHM has a 186 reflash that might work but I already hate it anyway.
Worst seat that ever was and worst clutch ever as well. Kitaco springs made it worse.
Even if it ran it kills my back with that stupid seat.
I'm thinking I will put it back to stock and sling it. Can't get $ for a bike that doesn't run right.
Fortunately I bought everything made for a Grom so I have a lot to reverse.
Thanks for letting me rant.
What did it do to you ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's a mutual hate. I honked it out too far and can't get the API Tech controller to work any more. It did great as a 164 with supporting mods but I just HAD to go TB186 when that came out like 5yrs ago.
I am done spending on this thing as it will take another 1000 or more for a better computer.
hear tell that DHM has a 186 reflash that might work but I already hate this anyway.
Worst seat that ever was and worst clutch ever as well. Kitaco springs made it worse.
Even if it ran it kills my back with that stupid seat.
I'm thinking I will put it back to stock and sling it. Can't get $ for a bike that doesn't run right.
Fortunately I bought everything made for a Grom so I have a lot to reverse.
Thanks for letting me rant.
I'll add that it starts and idles and revs great, sounds badass, but breaks up under load when I try to ride it.

2941 - 2957 of 2957 Posts