·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom
48 Posts
I really hope so! It was either that or a corbin, took a chance on a cheaper option.
💩 I’m looking for a better seat that has some good Cushing for long rides man. Don’t want to spend over 300 for a Corbin even though its worth it but I was thinking nothing more than $200. Been hard deciding but it’s going. Your trips have motivated me to get my grom into great shape to do that type of riding distance.

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
95 Posts
💩 I’m looking for a better seat that has some good Cushing for long rides man. Don’t want to spend over 300 for a Corbin even though its worth it but I was thinking nothing more than $200. Been hard deciding but it’s going. Your trips have motivated me to get my grom into great shape to do that type of riding distance.
Have you looked into the AirHawk seat cushions or the cheaper knockoffs? They get great reviews and would be the cheapest solution. Even people with custom expensive seats use and praise them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am currently using a cheap flat seat off of amazon, @Hairless is still on the stock seat. We both agree the stock seat is more comfortable than mine, but at least mine is flat. He used an airhawk seat pad for this trip. I have a seat concepts flat seat kit ordered.
My friend complains every ride about the stock seat. It doesn’t bother me at all.

On bicycles, it is all about shape, not padding. Unfortunately, it is difficult for new cyclists to understand that concept. They think some thickly padded saddle is automatically going to be the most comfortable. Not true. Most of the comfort comes from how/where your two sit bones contact the saddle. I used to do 100+ mile rides on a Selle Italia C64 Carbon Saddle. I mean like ALL carbon, no padding at all. That SLR shape works for my build.

The Grom seat is a sofa by comparison to a bicycle saddle. I’m not sure what makes one motorcycle seat so much worse or better than another, but there is definitely something to it. I’m pretty thin. Somehow the stock seat works for me.

On 220+ mile dirt bike rides in Colorado, I’ve worn padded bicycle bib-shorts under my motocross gear as a base layer. It seemed to increase comfort.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rain storm came through this afternoon so brought the bike inside and broke down the rear tire to put on the new 140/70 Michelin.

4,200 miles on the IRC tire, the center was worn to the wear indicators but look at those chicken strips :)

Fresh rubber :

·
Registered
198 Posts
Scrubbed in the new 140/70 Michelin rear this afternoon. Definitely can feel the difference, the circumference is greater than the stock tire and I think I'll go up another tooth on the rear sprocket. Currently running 15/35 sprockets and I'm pretty sure 15/36 is where I want to be now. The 140/70 basically put me back to a stock ratio with all things considered. Also found that 29psi was too harsh, so I let a few pounds out for a comfort ride (still stock suspension).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Went for an after work blast on the 40mph back roads. Just back and sitting on the deck enjoying the last hour of sunlight and staring at the Grom.
Finally took off the front amber lollipop side reflectors lol, but I didn't like the look of the fender stud that remained so I used the black bolts from the ugly factory duck bill rear fender. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Swapped out the maxxis knobbies, I put 500 miles on them and never liked them. Ended up going with a set of Kenda Kwick tires. So far I like them a lot!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finally arrived at the 14t / 34t combination. I initially chose a 35t rear sprocket with the stock rear tire but after swapping to the Michelin 140/70 rear I found the 14/34 is perfect for me with the taller rear tire.

Some fun riding today, mixed in a bit of work related travel and a bike ride. Win/Win. Getting paid to ride is like taking a crap and getting paid overtime :poop:

I spotted a Harley Sportster ahead by 2 car lengths while entering the city limits. It was a rider and female 2up on a 40mph road. Once we got to two lanes side by side I couldn't help myself, I pinned the throttle and blew past them while giving them a head tilt look as I went by :cool:

Oh the shame, passed by a moto mini lol.

2901 - 2917 of 2917 Posts