Honda Grom banner

2761 - 2780 of 2811 Posts

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Rode in the rain today in San Jose Calif, going to the gym and later to Sunnyvale Costco to be shocked that the various section of Costco is stripped clean of items such as bread, and basic food. I guess this coronavirus is causing people to panic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This time due to the spreading disease, I am not leaving my home today. I'm free and found this forum, I decided to register to be able to participate in discussions with everyone. Today I just stayed home and changed the back tire that was worn out quite a bit after a long time I went.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This time due to the spreading disease, I am not leaving my home today. I'm free and found this forum, I decided to register to be able to participate in discussions with everyone. Today I just stayed home and changed the back tire that was worn out quite a bit after a long time I went.
What tire did you use

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over the weekend I installed protaper bars, Gidibi chain oiler, Bride flat seat and did the sf $10 fork mod with 30 weight oil. must say the fork mod really works. Not bottoming out on the gutter at work and dosn't feel like the front tyres flat as you attack a corner like it used to. Still lots of fork dive but the ride quality is pretty good. Just waiting for the luggage rack to turn up, being held up by the viris.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Installed HealTech Quick Shifter. Super simple install, and works right out the box. Can be adjusted via phone BT App if necessary. :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Over the weekend I installed protaper bars, Gidibi chain oiler, Bride flat seat and did the sf $10 fork mod with 30 weight oil. must say the fork mod really works. Not bottoming out on the gutter at work and dosn't feel like the front tyres flat as you attack a corner like it used to. Still lots of fork dive but the ride quality is pretty good. Just waiting for the luggage rack to turn up, being held up by the viris.
Nice! Any pictures?

·
Registered
164 Posts
What is slipping. Whats that feel liKe ??
Up a hill if I don't downshift early enough the RPMs surge for a moment here and there. Clutch slipping under load. If I keep the load on the clutch lower by shifting down and running screaming high RPMs there is no slip.

The clutch cable is perfectly adjusted so that the problem is not tension on the clutch cable when fully engaged.

Oil is honda 10W-30 less than 1000 miles on it.

Has to be the clutch IMHO.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
changed out the rear sprocket on my yellow/white grom from 34T to 31T, so now it is set as 16/31 T and soon as I get my 17T front sprocket it will have the gearing I need for long distance fast riding.

My other grom RED/WHITE Takegawa 181-4v is setup with Takegawa 5 sp, 140/70-12 rear tire and 17/32T sprocket setup and it has a pretty good top speed and I'm hoping the 17/31T sprocket setup will get me the speed I want. I did notice on the Gear Commander website when I punched in all these numbers seems like I will have better top speed in 4th gear running at 8K rpm.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Installed Seat Concepts foam and cover today. Wish I could go out and ride it.

Very interested in hearing some feedback on this mod, please keep us updated.

Reactions: blue72beetle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up a new (used) 2015 Grom today!
  • Replaced the tail light and removed fender eliminator which was held on by duct tape
  • Installed DROW license plate bracket
  • Installed OEM Exhaust (No idea what kinda exhaust was on it but it sounded terrible)
  • Painted red parts black
  • Installed Shinko Mobber Tires, Rear SS Line, & Galfer Wave Rotors
  • Replaced front turn signals which were also held on by duct tape
  • Removed decals and made gold decals for it using my wife's Cricut
All just stuff I had laying around the house/garage. All the parts I ordered for it should be here soon, then the real work begins!

BEFORE:

DURING:

AFTER:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Still haven't ridden it yet this year, but I finished a couple projects today.
I've been teaching myself to weld, so I put together a pannier rack for Hepco Becker bags I had on my GSXS1000.
I also bought a set of Thai plastics. I wasn't sure how they'd look with the gold wheels, but I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had to get fuel. Stupid things only getting 87 MPG. Cost me a whole $4.70 (AU) to fill it.

Also my delivery of parts (one of 4) turned up so I can make it look pretty again.

2761 - 2780 of 2811 Posts