Honda Grom banner

2741 - 2760 of 2786 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I stopped to a bar and drank a couple of beers. Bike won't start at all, starter dead. I suspected a kickstand switch problem so I asked barmaid for some scissors and i cut cable and shortened circuit. Nothing. I swerved a lot then I randomly inserted my hand where the starter motor is. I found a free cable.. Basically vibrations had unscrewed the bolt who keep positive cable in its position too much vibrations. That's all

·
Registered
124 Posts

Had Ohlin carts installed in the forks and an ohlins rear shock.

Put on power pures and EBC oversized rotor kit with front and back HH pads.

The ohlins make a huge difference. The front does not dive under braking. The power pure tires are excellent and don't slip and slide around like the stock tires.

Installed Chimera intake and the Hindle pipe with silencer.

Installed an Aracer mini 5. Bike runs noticeably better and faster. AF1 module coming in a few days so I can get auto tune going for an even better ride.

Magura 12mm front brake master and ss line on the way.

Kitaco clutch cover in a box waiting for install. PSR pegs as well.

Ordered a kepspeed swingarm.

That should cover my bucket list until I decide to go big bore.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would love to try these sato rearsets. Better than the driven sets; they have a hanger for the low pipes and use existing brake light switch. Driven has neither of those features.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just ordered the new TST Tail Light. I’ve been wanting a bright integrated light for a while, but wasn’t a fan of their first version. I like the MNNTXB tail light, but wanted to keep that OEM look. This checks all the boxes.
You'll like it. :) It's really bright.
I ordered the whole TST Kit the first day I got my Grom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed the:
Kitaco clutch case

Koso Clutch Plate

Heavy Duty Springs

Dominator Clutch cap on my Brembo LHRB setup

Rides great. Spent some time getting the auto tune populated. Aracer makes a very cool product.

Ordered a TST tail tidy and front flush lights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed Pro taper bars but removed the center support for more room to mount accessories.

Installed a 12mm magura radial front master. Outstanding mod. Really great feel. Much more modulation compared to stock master which feels a bit wooden.

Stainless spiegler line but that line needs to go back since the top banjo angle is too acute for a good run. Works for now.

Put a Domino grip on the left bar end but could not get it on to the throttle tube, so stuck the stock back on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Added a serape “ Mexican style blanket” and the white walls. I really digging the new look. Also added a 37t rear sprocket. And kept the 13t front sprocket. ?. If you have been thinking about it. DO IT. GET THE SPROCKETs!!! ( will need a new chain). That thing launches at every red light and stop sign. And wheelies are now 10x easier. I’m definitely going to loop a couple times.
But the goal is to get good at wheelies. Main reason for the sprocket change.!!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed TST fender eliminator kit, integrated tail light, plate light and relocation bracket. Nice kit!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed the TB Cam. Recommended. If you mostly ride the Grom at WOT, this cam seems to provide more overhead in the RPM range.

I was hitting the rev limiter at points in the ride that previously were a couple of hundred RPM below limiter in the same conditions, same spot on the road, same transmission gear, same throttle position.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Rode it some more!

And ordered an o link chain, rear sprocket, wheel spacers, axle sliders, short throw throttle tube, and plugged a puncture in the rear tire.

When not modding, I actually ride this machine.

Love this hill.

DID 420 o ring chain oumers chain tool.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed the Kepspeed swingarm, Hard Racing shift shaft support, and Sato rearsets.

Very easy to install the kepspeed arm. Super light. Love the pivot point needle bearings.The welds seem solid and clean. Really nice chain adjusters compared to stock.

The needle bearing pivot does free up the swingarm and you feel it when you bounce on the seat. Only thing that is not exactly plug and play is the rear hugger attachment tabs. Easy enough to adapt, but not an exact fit.

The hard racing shift shaft support should work to make for smoother shifting, time will tell. easy install.

Sato rearsets are beautiful, save a ton of weight, but take time to install. The swingarm pivot arm goes underneath the left and right bolt covers. If you miss that step, and it is not in the instructions, you will find the swingarm pivot rod too short. Took me a few tries to figure that out.

Installed a new DID O ring chain and sprocket.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put on the womet axle sliders yesterday. Nice quality, but there are some downsides.

The pitbull front stand will not work with these unless you use the head lift as in the video. The front sliders interfere with the fork supports pads on a typical front stand.
May not be an issue for you, but had I known, I would have tried another solution.

Additionally, you can no longer just grab a crescent wrench to remove your wheels, you will need sockets to get to the nut. They will make it harder to service the bike in a pinch while on the road.

The rear sliders are not really needed in any case since your pegs and side mounted pipe on the SF Grom's will take the hit in a slide.

They are also a bit in the heavy side.

Front sliders will help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put on the SW Motech Evo Micro Tank bag on my 2018 Honda Grom! (Other upgrades is a Corbin Seat not shown, Barkbuster handguards with carbon fibre covers, Shad 34 Top Case, Kenda K761 Tires, Neverlandback Pair of Stealth Style Motorcycle Mirrors). I am awaiting my clear MRA Windsheild and Kitaco Clutch cover still. Happy Gromin All!
HondaGromTankBag(1).jpg
HondaGromTankBag(2).jpg

2741 - 2760 of 2786 Posts