2721 - 2740 of 2757 Posts

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
ah installed a triple led headlight, took a while with the wiring
I've been trying to find the factory plug for the SF headlight. Id like to be able to put a small LED bar below my number plate and pug into the factory wiring. That way I don"t have to change out the number plate every time I wanna take the bike on the street for a quick run or bike meet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Played with one of my spare headlights last night, added some RGB LEDs to the inside...

Testing...

All done!

Just have to aait for my controller to come in tomorrow and then i can make a video of the color change

·
Registered
140 Posts
FINALLY got around to installing the PCX injector and re-installing the Yuminashi Powersport ECU. Need more seat time to get the low rpm sorted but damn what a difference above 7-8k! Thing pulls MUCH better than before on the manual tune Yuminashi ECU (newer version w/ BT). I am sure I could have gotten a dyno tune and been happy, but that would only last until the weather changed. These ECU were stated to have no rev limit, but I seem to be getting one around 11-11.5k ish. Or maybe it just needs more time up there to tune itself. The Automatic tuning is what drew my attention in the 1st place. Time to get this thing back to the track I guess, poor thing never gets ridden anymore since I got the 390 Duke (way too much fun for the streets).... :cool:

·
Registered
859 Posts
FINALLY got around to installing the PCX injector and re-installing the Yuminashi Powersport ECU. Need more seat time to get the low rpm sorted but damn what a difference above 7-8k! Thing pulls MUCH better than before on the manual tune Yuminashi ECU (newer version w/ BT). I am sure I could have gotten a dyno tune and been happy, but that would only last until the weather changed. These ECU were stated to have no rev limit, but I seem to be getting one around 11-11.5k ish. Or maybe it just needs more time up there to tune itself. The Automatic tuning is what drew my attention in the 1st place. Time to get this thing back to the track I guess, poor thing never gets ridden anymore since I got the 390 Duke (way too much fun for the streets).... :cool:
Mine takes about 60 miles to adjust itself. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
$15.00 exhaust guard:. I've been worried about the exposed exhaust when going off road.. Unable or unwilling to pay $200.00 for a skid plate I have purchased a 60cm guard that along with 3
1 1/2" hose took roughly 45 minuets to install . That included the pre bending and final crimpin. 20191212_125329.jpg 20191212_125252.jpg 20191212_115012.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been struggling to fit these hand guard. Whoever tightened the Banjo fitting for the reservour must be a mutant. I can loosen the bolt itself but;...Unable to prise the length of metal attached to it, to an angle far enough from the handle bars that I may attach the lower portion to the hand guard bar… Grrr (heavy handed factory workers)~!
PS the oil drain plug was also torqued down waaay too much! One extreme or the other... . .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine takes about 60 miles to adjust itself. :)
^^^^ I only have about 10 miles on mine so far since swapping the ecu and injector, but every time I fire it up and go for a spin, it feels like it is doing its thing and running better... Probably should have also mentioned, I have a lightly ported head, Yuminashi Hi-lift cam and special double valve springs/retainers that go along with it, and a ported stock throttle body too, which is why I an revving so high. Takegawa light weight oil spinner should be here today as well, going to make this thing run like a two stroke eventually, or blow it up and swap a 125 two stroke into it.... ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been trying to find the factory plug for the SF headlight. Id like to be able to put a small LED bar below my number plate and pug into the factory wiring. That way I don"t have to change out the number plate every time I wanna take the bike on the street for a quick run or bike meet.
ever find out how? i like that look as well

·
Registered
693 Posts
Made a Koso gauge dash that's a lot lighter compared to the billet one (gained around one pound!) but that still looks OEMish in some way.
Bought a cheap chinese OEM looking Grom clone cluster (26$) as I didn't want to destruct the OEM cluster (used the mid and lower parts only) and used a piece of carbon and a few screws I had lying around. Some drilling, dremeling...
Pretty happy with it! I could have used recessed bolts but the carbon sheet I had was only 1mm thick so not enough meat for it, 1,5mm or 2mm would have been better for that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm starting to get a deeper in to miniGP racing, so I bought myself the Solo2 as a bday present so i could start tracking my progress as i start to learn new tracks during the 2020 season. Cant wait to test it out.
123.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
:cool:Pulled all apart after ridding in melting run off, bike was brown where it should be black,pulled swing arm and regreased all the pivot pts that were really dry?all cleaned again and ready to ride...Some of the bolts were WAY TOO TIGHT???I used blue lock tight on things like shock and swingarm pivots, still loving that little machine..(y):p

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up a 2019 Grom a few weeks ago with the intention of keeping it stock, just to get my riding fix in the winter on the marginal roads. Fat chance...

Since purchase, installed a left hand rear brake, fitted front oversized rotor, changed front and rear brake pads and new mirrors.
Ordered front fork carts and rear Ohlins shock. Pure power tires.

Today I lost all control and ordered a Hindle exhaust, Chimera intake, Aracer mini 5, Kitaco clutch cover, heavy duty clutch springs and clutch plate.

Incurable...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I picked up a 2019 Grom a few weeks ago with the intention of keeping it stock, just to get my riding fix in the winter on the marginal roads. Fat chance...

Since purchase, installed a left hand rear brake, fitted front oversized rotor, changed front and rear brake pads and new mirrors.
Ordered front fork carts and rear Ohlins shock. Pure power tires.

Today I lost all control and ordered a Hindle exhaust, Chimera intake, Aracer mini 5, Kitaco clutch cover, heavy duty clutch springs and clutch plate.

Incurable...
looking at your avatar and mods, it sounds like you should track the lil bike when you get a chance. its surprisingly fun to race these things.

2721 - 2740 of 2757 Posts